any high PPI 20/24" displays out?

strikeout

[H]ard|Gawd
All this talk about retna this and retna that on smartphones and tablets, what about PC displays. I know tons of people viewing all types of media on their laptops as well as their desktops. Any word from someone like Dell or Samsung?

I would like this info too. I am sort of wanting to upgrade my 18" crt, a viewsonic, and I have seen so far that most lcds seem to have a screen door effect.
my viewsonic 's screen effect is minimal.
some of the early Lookers at the dell s2440l seem to say that there is a screen effect here too.

I have now on my other computer a NEC ea231wmi monitor and there is an effect here too on this matte screen monitor.
this nec is supposed to be one of the best, a ips screen. but I looked at a canyon scene the other day and the multi-colored rocks seemed to all smudge together into a pixel-haze!

i will come back here to see if there is such a good monitor out there.

freestone

I would like this info too. I am sort of wanting to upgrade my 18" crt, a viewsonic, and I have seen so far that most lcds seem to have a screen door effect.
my viewsonic 's screen effect is minimal.
some of the early Lookers at the dell s2440l seem to say that there is a screen effect here too.

I have now on my other computer a NEC ea231wmi monitor and there is an effect here too on this matte screen monitor.
this nec is supposed to be one of the best, a ips screen. but I looked at a canyon scene the other day and the multi-colored rocks seemed to all smudge together into a pixel-haze!

i will come back here to see if there is such a good monitor out there.

freestone

even high ppi displays will cause the same screendoor effect. it has to do with the pixel structure inherent in lcd technology. you just have to sit farther back to avoid seeing the screendoor effect.

There are monitors in the following resolutions:

1600x1200: 20", 21"

1650x1080: 22" (there used to be 20" and some refurbs may still be available)

1920x1080: 21.5", 23", 24", 27"

1920x1200: 22", 24" (The 22" are rare -- some Eizo models, and an older IBM)

2560x1440: 27"

2560x1600: 30"

There are lots of monitors with lower resolutions, 1280x1024, 1600x900, etc.

Still rocking my 2048x1536 sony g500 22" crt. Well, 20" viewable I believe. Still no lcds that can hang with the crt tech. Especially when you can get a crt for nothing on craigslist. I paid $25 for mine.

Still rocking my 2048x1536 sony g500 22" crt. Well, 20" viewable I believe. Still no lcds that can hang with the crt tech. Especially when you can get a crt for nothing on craigslist. I paid $25 for mine.

Hehe... I have a g520p in my closet that I bust out now and again for quake, cs and battlefield.

Ill put it at 1024x768 and like 130-140hz and its orgasmic.
The colors on it are unbelieveable, but like any crt ive ever used. I cant stand text on it after using lcds for so many years. Gaming is a dream though.

Hehe... I have a g520p in my closet that I bust out now and again for quake, cs and battlefield.

Ill put it at 1024x768 and like 130-140hz and its orgasmic.
The colors on it are unbelieveable, but like any crt ive ever used. I cant stand text on it after using lcds for so many years. Gaming is a dream though.

2048x1536? can you even read anything on it?:D i have the same model and don't go over 1280x960@85hz for a good compromise between text and PQ.

Back