• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Any Help with x64 partitions..

Red_Star

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
136
Im having trouble trying to manage partitions in Vista 64 bit. I need to find a free third party manager to re distribute space among the two partitons I have.
 
It's a just in case kind of thing. I'd back up either way, but you should be able to do what you want with your partitions using Disk Management.
 
you see thats the thing. For some reason it refuses to re-distribute the space using vistas partition manager. I really just need to find a third party one that works with vista. I will try to use the one you suggested.
 
Vista or Windows 7 disk manager CAN:
create partitions where you have unallocated space;
delete partitions;
make an existing primary partition to be active;
expand a partition on the end side;
shrink a partition on the end side.

Vista or Windows 7 disk manager can NOT:
merge partitions;
expand or shrink at the beginning of a partition.

Merging partitions, or expanding and shrinking at the beginning of a partition are risky actions, regardless of what tool you use. Never attempt them if you have not backed up the contents of your hard drive.
 
Back
Top