Any guesses to when bestbuy gets geforce 570s

vxspiritxv

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket, and that's the only thing I want right now.

My local Best Buy has the PNY GTX 260 for the bargain price of $209 and gtx 470s for $299 so i'm sure the GTX 570 is on the way....:p

My local Best Buy has the PNY GTX 260 for the bargain price of $209 and gtx 470s for $299 so i'm sure the GTX 570 is on the way....:p

Laws, yes, I hate their pricing and stocking policies for video cards. I can pick up a lot of different components there for a reasonable enough price to justify the impulse buy, especially with a gift card to sweeten the deal, but not video cards.

I was jonesing for an upgrade to my 8800GT, wanted more memory than 512MB but a boost in speed too, settled on getting a 260 but all of theirs were overpriced, the less attractive brands being the most expensive for some reason. And most of them were horribly out of date. Even a gift card and Rewards points couldn't make it worthwhile--ended up with an open box one from the Egg that has totally rocked, while helping me to fulfill my vow to stop overspending on rapidly obsolete technology.

To be fair when new videocards they sell at MSRP which is mostly every card at launch. When most were over charging for any brand name 580 GTX BB sold them for 499.99 (currently free shipping.)

In general, the issue is when a new videocard's price stablize. Their prices don't go down. The only prices that go down are the online only sales. For example they have a 5870 on sale for 330 and a 480 GTX for 380 on Asus brand cards. The ones they both sell in store and online are still at MSRP. (

I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket, and that's the only thing I want right now.

Best Buy store is on the bleeding edge of PC graphics hardware, from 2-3 years ago, so your going to be waiting a while, like the post above shows, use the website if they have it available.

Best Buy doesn't carry computer parts worth a shit anymore. It's all year-old+ stuff with outrageous prices.

Of course, they'll tell you to buy it from them online where they have better prices/selection but if I wanted to wait to get stuff I'll just go to Newegg first anyway.

When are big-box retailers going to learn? The only store that gets it right is MicroCenter. I picked up my Radeon 6870 from them for $10 less than Newegg...and it was in stock, ready to go.

I was at Best Buy yesterday and was looking at their PC section...it is disgustingly overpriced. And I laughed when I heard a worker there telling some one that the best brands were XFX and Galaxy...who also happen to be 90% of the cards they sell. I agree with XFX for ATI, but I'd rather have EVGA for Nvidia. Either way, after those two stopped talking, I walked up to the guy and said, "Are you building a computer?" He answered with a, "Yeah." To which I replied, "Don't buy your video card from Best Buy, it's incredibly overpriced." He just nodded and walked away, he seemed to be the non-social type. Oh well, I tried to help some one lol.
Best Buy is a joke for competitive prices on PC hardware 90% of the time. I only bought a gpu from the once, and it was because their price was the same as the best I could find online, so I just drove over and got it instead of waiting on shipping.

Not really. Best Buy has stores in most states and they have to charge tax in most of those. Newegg only taxes in CA.

There was a time where Newegg didn't charge tax period. Now I have to do my shopping at TigerDirect (I live in CA).

Not really. Best Buy has stores in most states and they have to charge tax in most of those. Newegg only taxes in CA.

When doing competitive price shopping I totally agree as I'm in NJ where there is tax.

My experience is just that if Newegg's price is within a few dollars of the next best price, I might as well just buy from there as I have had the best customer experiences with them. If anything, the extra cost buys me peace of mind in that if anything goes wrong, they're more likely to make things right with me. And if we're talking about items that cost $300+, what's another $10-$15 anyway?

Lately, I've been making more and more purchases at Microcenter, though, just for the fact that they are B&M and I don't have to wait as long to get the item or return it if it doesn't work. They do charge tax too, but thankfully they are in a zone in NJ that only charges half the sales tax rate. :D

Bottom line, if I'm not hurting for a few extra bucks, I'd gladly pay a little extra just for the convenience and hassle-free experience. :)

There was a time where Newegg didn't charge tax period. Now I have to do my shopping at TigerDirect (I live in CA).

technically by most states law your suppose to pay tax on online purchase your suppose to do it when you do your taxes. I guess your ripping the IRS off by not doing this.

It's not the e-tailers that "charge" taxes; it's the states that make it mandatory.

technically by most states law your suppose to pay tax on online purchase your suppose to do it when you do your taxes. I guess your ripping the IRS off by not doing this.

yes, he is committing tax fraud.

Ya best Best Buy has horrible prices on PC parts but ONCE in a while, they do have some pretty good prices.

Actually, States aren't allowed to tax things unless that company uses the infrastructure of the state. That's why only some and different States are taxed from different companies. Those companies have distribution centers located within the State, and therefore must charge tax on goods they sell.

Well you might say oh what about the shipping process? Well the State collects tax there.

Back