Any good Wii games available?

cnick79

[H]ard|Gawd
I just bought a Wii and I'm looking for a game me and some commrades can play at the same time. Are there any coop games available yet? I would like a game like Gears of War or a similar title. I like mostly shooters, action and fighting.

Any recommendations?

Seems like you got the wrong console if you wanted shooter/fighting/action games.

Red Steel is pretty fun multiplayer, if you have a big enough tv. If you can get over the graphics on Far Cry that can be awesome as well with some friends.

Although I only played it for the computer, you could try Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the Wii.

I picked up Rampage, Splinter Cell and Medal of Honor. I will let you know how I like them.

I picked up Rampage, Splinter Cell and Medal of Honor. I will let you know how I like them.

Splinter Cell for the Wii is supposedly horrific. In fact, I hated the fourth one for the PC.

I forgot to mention that Call of Duty 3 for the Wii is actually very good. The only problem (it's a biggie) is that it doesn't have any multiplayer.

Rampage is a boring game, but i always loved the NES one. Good pick up in my opinion with some friends. It's real monotonous but it brings back memories

These are must own games

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Paper Mario

Coming Soon:
Mario Galaxy
Metroid

Seems like you got the wrong console if you wanted shooter/fighting/action games.

Agreed. I love the Wii but it doesn't have those kinds of titles right now. The OP's 6800 Ultra should be fine for FPS gaming. If not, then buy an X360.

Wii60 FTW

Agreed. I love the Wii but it doesn't have those kinds of titles right now. The OP's 6800 Ultra should be fine for FPS gaming. If not, then buy an X360.

Wii60 FTW

I bought the Wii because I wanted something different and I like using the Wii's controller. Any FPS games I am serious about I will purchase for the PC. I think I am more interested in games that are fun to play when I have people over the house.

I know right now the titles for the Wii are not here but I'm confident some creative people will come up with more fun games to play and making great use of the Wii-mote.

Other titles I am thinking about are:
Super Paper Mario
Warioware
Manhunt 2 (when released)

PS - I only played MOH:Vanguard so far and I really like it. I'm still adjusting to using the Wii-mote to aim but I think I'm adjusting faster to this style then using the thumbsticks on a PS or XBox.

Rayman is also a great game for parties. Paper Mario is awesome for single player.

there are a ton of fun group games for Wii, warioware, rayman, super monkey, cooking mama, wii sports, and soon mario party and smash.

Dont forget you can also get your favorite GC games and play those on the Wii as well. You can pick up something like Super Smash Brothers Melee and go head to head with your buddies with that if you want. Or you can also wait until SSBB(super smash brothers brawl) comes out and play on that as well. My suggestion would be to pick up a Wavebird and a couple classic controllers so you can play games, old and new.

I dont know, i rented Super Paper Mario.... and im iffy about it.

I mean it's cool and all with the paper thing, and being able to go 3D and 2D.... but the text and role-playing part... im not so much into...

i guess i was expecting more of a classic Mario, just running left to right hopping on gumba's (much less dialogue)

I just bought a Wii and I'm looking for a game me and some commrades can play at the same time. Are there any coop games available yet? I would like a game like Gears of War or a similar title. I like mostly shooters, action and fighting.

Any recommendations?

Eeewwww. Nothing fits the description you gave yet. Give it some time and a few games will probably pop up that do. In the mean time, I recommend you take a break from all that blood and guts and get one of the best games ever made, LoZ: Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess is just a fun and chill game. I highly recommend it.

EDIT: Oops you said coop. Hmm...get the wacky and zany Wario Ware. I was laughing quite a bit when I played that with a friend. It's kind of a stupid game, but it's entertaining. Using the Wii-mote as an elephant trunk (they tell you to put it on your nose) was actually quite memorable for me. LOL.

get zelda, it's one of the best zelda titles ever and that's saying a lot, that will occupy you're time for a while. maybe until metroid comes out, which might be slightly more in line with what you're looking for. Otherwise you bought the wrong system

Are there any coop games available yet?

If you truly mean coop and not Vs., there are very few coop games out for any system or PC either. If you actually meant Vs., you'll probably have better luck on the 360 for the immediate future, and possibly the PS3.

I've heard Call of Duty 3 is decent, but it's only sp as far as I know.

Really there isn't much of what your looking for on the wii.

Well, I'll just say this. When One Piece Unlimited Adventure gets localised (praying for a choice for jap voices) I'll buy a Wii right then and there.

Note: I'm not some elitist bastard that demands Japanese in his games, but dammit, when you've watched over 300 episodes of One Piece you definately have "that" voice as "that" characters.

Well, I'll just say this. When One Piece Unlimited Adventure gets localised (praying for a choice for jap voices) I'll buy a Wii right then and there.

Note: I'm not some elitist bastard that demands Japanese in his games, but dammit, when you've watched over 300 episodes of One Piece you definately have "that" voice as "that" characters.

that's exactly why i'll prolly never buy a naruto or bleach game that comes out in the us. back on topic, i still have not found a game other than zelda that was worth $50. smash bros. brawl couldn't come out any sooner.

that's exactly why i'll prolly never buy a naruto or bleach game that comes out in the us. back on topic, i still have not found a game other than zelda that was worth $50. smash bros. brawl couldn't come out any sooner.

I'll probably still buy it anyway. Maybe there'll be an action replay thingy to unlock the japanese voices.

Back