Any good RPGs for the 360?

TheBluePill

2[H]4U
My Daughter is nuts over Mass Effect on the 360, but has played through it a few times and is wanting something new.

Since ME2 is a ways out.. is there anything good for her to play in the interim? We dont have Xbox Live btw..

Thanks

Fable and Fable 2 are both pretty good. I have been looking for a good dungeon crawler style RPG and it seems that Dragon Age: Origins will fit that bill. I have heard people that really like Sacred and Sacred 2. Depends on the "style" of RPG she is looking for. Obilivion is also a good one.

Fallout 3 might be a good one..

She likes LOTR, but not sure if she would be really in to full on D&D type setting..

Fable.. Havent thought of that..

Dont Guess something like Hellgate London or Vampire Masquerade is on the 360?

Fable 1 and 2 are decent. That should keep her busy for a while. Knights of the Old Republic are similar to Mass Effect and are backwards compatible with the 360. However they are selling for a decent amount on eBay. I just sold Kotor 2 last week for 50 dollars.

If you can pick those up for PC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

Otherwise Lost Odyssey is an amazing game however it is more of a traditional RPG.

Hmm.. looking around, KOTOR on the XBOX will play on the 360.. that might be a good one.

Will get her Fallout and probably fable too.

i dunno if it matters, but there's cussing in fallout3. it was fun but a bit too open ended for me, though if she enjoyed oblivion she'll love F3

any thoughts on japanese RPGs? star ocean 4 is pretty good, i got some time off, so i might get back into it and finish it off myself

lost odyssey, last remnant, eternal sonata, blue dragon, tales of vesperia -- all decent jrpg

nothing out already can beat mass effect though :D

if she really liked ME, try kotor or jade empire, both backward compatible iirc

+1 for fable 2, fallout 3 and oblivion. BioShock too. There are some other suggestions in here that I might have to check out

+1 for Jade Empire, really, really enjoyed that game
Lost Odyssey is good too, if you like Japan RPG

If she is new to Japan RPGs then start her off on something that has "voice" acting and is turn based. When I started out I did not actively get into the genre until I played Final Fantasy X. It was easy to think about the next fighting move because it was turn based and the enemy does not attack until you are finished with your turn oppose to an "Active" system which uses a counter. Voice acting is nice because it has a feeling of getting you into the story in my opinion.

So with that being said I think Lost Odyssey is the perfect choice for a JRPG. Otherwise if she liked Mass Effect pick up Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 (costly) and download Jade Empire from Xbox live.

Alpha Protocol
Apocalypse: Desire Next
Blue Dragon
Divinity 2 – Ego Draconis
Dragon Age: Origins
Enchanted Arms
Eternal Sonata
Fable II
Fallout 3 Far East of Eden Ziria
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XIII
Infinite Undiscovery
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Operation Darkness
Resonance of Fate
Risen
Spectral Force 3
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Tales of Vesperia
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Last Remnant
Two Worlds
Zoids Assault

Having played the majority of the above (with the exception of the unreleased ones) I can say from my experience the exceptional ones would be Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Oblivion, Fable 2 in no particular order.

I was going to get Fable 2, but the reviews and user feedback I read everywhere said it was a horrible game, at least compared to the hype/first one.

I was going to get Fable 2, but the reviews and user feedback I read everywhere said it was a horrible game, at least compared to the hype/first one.

I really enjoyed Fable 2 and thought it was just as good as 1 maybe even better with no broken quest like the first one had.

As for the OP:

Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
Fable 1/2

I would say from my experience that I really enjoyed:

BioShock
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable 2
Fallout 3

Since it's for your daughter, she may prefer Fable 2 over the others. However, all four are amazing in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Metacritic gives Fable 1 an 84, and Fable 2 an 89. I thought that Fable 2 was easily twice as good as Fable 1.

Shamus Young is nobody special IMO. Then again, nor am I.

Who gives a rats ass, banging hoes and playing Keystone makes you forget any story line in seconds.

ROFL so true. I think one of the funniest things I did in the game way marry four chicks and move them all into the same town right next door to each other and listen to them yell at me about the other one. I also was able to get two of my wives to sleep with me at the same time :D Now if only my GF would take a hint...;)

Fable 2 was a fantastic game, one of my favorites from 2008. Sometimes I think people forget what they're getting, and expect a different experience. In the end, gaming is about having fun and Fable 2 was most defintely fun. Was it more shallow in some respects when compared to other games in the genre? Sure, but did it make up for it with new, innovative and fun ways?

Yes.

lots of jrpgs on the 360, good western rpg like oblivion fallout mass effect, etc. Plenty of old xbox games too as mentioned

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/741/741361.html

IGN Rating:

"Great" and "Editors Choice Award"

8.8 rating US
9.5 rating UK
9.2 rating AU

Sounds negative.

did you actually read the review or watch the video about the review pointing out its numerous flaws or did you just look at the numbers? IGN rarely gives low ratings in numbers but it actually does somewhat of an unbiased written/video review.

did you actually read the review or watch the video about the review pointing out its numerous flaws or did you just look at the numbers? IGN rarely gives low ratings in numbers but it actually does somewhat of an unbiased written/video review.

unbiased reviews? oh the horror

Fable 2 was a _phenomenal_ game. If you haven't played it, don't tell us how awful it is. :-P

Morrowind was available on Xbox as I recall, so that could be an option as well (if you can find a copy), just as engaging as Oblivion (and I wholly suggest the expansion/DLC content for both)

Bioshock as has already been stated

Overlord was an interesting playthrough on PC, Wiki says its available for Xbox360, might be worth a look at least (theres a demo for PC via Steam if you've got that, its assuredly not the average game)

another gem from Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Ocean:_The_Last_Hope

I have no idea about this game, I remember the originals for PlayStation being excellent, although who knows whats happened with the series in a decade

you might also look at the Oddworld games available for Xbox (Munch's Oddysee and Stranger's Wrath, I remember the first one being interesting as a demo, never touched the second one, again, this is more based on the originals for PlayStation being excellent in concept and execution)

ROFL so true. I think one of the funniest things I did in the game way marry four chicks and move them all into the same town right next door to each other and listen to them yell at me about the other one. I also was able to get two of my wives to sleep with me at the same time :D Now if only my GF would take a hint...;)

If she does I am giving you the number for my GF. We were talking about prostitution one night and I said "So can we get another girl for us?" Her response was "are you serious?"

Morrowind was available on Xbox as I recall, so that could be an option as well (if you can find a copy), just as engaging as Oblivion (and I wholly suggest the expansion/DLC content for both)

Bioshock as has already been stated

Overlord was an interesting playthrough on PC, Wiki says its available for Xbox360, might be worth a look at least (theres a demo for PC via Steam if you've got that, its assuredly not the average game)

another gem from Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Ocean:_The_Last_Hope

I have no idea about this game, I remember the originals for PlayStation being excellent, although who knows whats happened with the series in a decade

you might also look at the Oddworld games available for Xbox (Munch's Oddysee and Stranger's Wrath, I remember the first one being interesting as a demo, never touched the second one, again, this is more based on the originals for PlayStation being excellent in concept and execution)

I know this is not really a RPG in the true sense, but Phantom Dust is an amazing game for XBOX that works on the 360. You should be able to find it for cheap.

fable, fable 2, last remnant, oblivion, lost odyssey

all are outstanding rpgs

If she does I am giving you the number for my GF. We were talking about prostitution one night and I said "So can we get another girl for us?" Her response was "are you serious?"

The correct answer is "yes, call your hotter younger sister"

Well.. She finished KOTOR in a couple of days..

Little did I know I had to buy a hard Drive to go on the 360 for her to play it.. But.. I got the drive for $20 and the game for $6 Shipped.. so it was all good.

She absolutely loved it!

she was looking online and was interested in Hellgate London.. Are they or will they port it to the 360?

Well.. She finished KOTOR in a couple of days..

Little did I know I had to buy a hard Drive to go on the 360 for her to play it.. But.. I got the drive for $20 and the game for $6 Shipped.. so it was all good.

She absolutely loved it!

she was looking online and was interested in Hellgate London.. Are they or will they port it to the 360?

Doubt it... the company closed shop and shut down the PC servers in January of this year I think.

Back