Any good party-type games on the PC?

IcarusSC

Gawd
So here's the deal. I live in dormitory-type housing (not a student -- it's a long story) with a bunch of people, none of whom are computer people. I'm not really interested in getting a console for various reasons, but I have a nice PC (sig for specs).

We've been playing 'party mode' on Burnout Paradise, but we've gotten to the point where we're nearly all experts in all the events. I remember having fun playing Mario Party with some friends years ago in college. Are there any really good party-type games for the PC?

My main criteria would be A) multiplayer on one computer, B) simple to learn and play, and C) not very violent.

Is there anything out there like that? I've taken a look at Trackmania, but I'm not convinced yet ...

Thanks for any suggestions you have.

iSketch on vent while being a total dbag to others by drawing something that isn't what the word is, you let your vent buddies know what the word is and they type it in, get an insta win and people go WTF? Great fun.

You could always track down the old You Don't Know Jack games. I think Target carries them for 4.99.

We used to have a blast with these especially if you turn it into a drinking game.

Of course you might be able to also run some of the MAME software and get some old multiplayer arcade games going.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - but you will need to do a bit of googling to get more than one gamepad working on that title.

There's always emulation. You can get those old nintendo 64 party games or better yet, wii games. Just buy the original games! Support game developers, not piracy :)

Back