Any good language teaching software?

Aelfgeft

2[H]4U
Are there any good software packages that people here might have used or know of that others have used?

I'm particularly looking for an Italian package.

that's a good question -- i'm looking for both a Japanese one and an Arabic one

on a side note, if you google Kurso de Esperanto you'll get an excellent Esperanto teaching program...

I think Rosetta Stone series is the defacto language teach series out there right now.

Sunni_Phono said:
You're not going to learn a new language from a PC.
this is an example of a Tom's Hardware Guide kind of post. congratu-fucking-lations.

yeah, it seems as though the consenus among other places on the web is also Rosetta Stone...

Do some research and you'll find that the best way to learn a language is to actually work with people learning the language. It's a pipe dream trying to learn in front of a monitor for 100+ hours.

Sunni_Phono said:
Do some research and you'll find that the best way to learn a language is to actually work with people learning the language. It's a pipe dream trying to learn in front of a monitor for 100+ hours.
some people don't have that luxury, or want extra help.

i know languages fairly well, i know three and hope to learn at least three more. i totally hear you on the "native teachers best" argument -- absolutely; but , in lieu of that, a PC program, i'm sure, can still be valuable (though never measure up to the real life experience, of course)

Back