• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

any good games running on PHYSX?

Besides the other big names already mentioned... I liked Infernal. It has nice fire effects (which is a big part of your main weapon) along with some environment enhancements (i.e. cloth, more realistic explosions, etc.).
 
Warmonger just got released today and it's completely free, though completely unplayable without a physx card from what I hear.

http://www.warmongergame.com/downloads.php

Warmonger was THE game I waited for. I was selected as one of the beta testers (see my other comments in this subforum) and Warmonger just let me down. They bill the environments as being "totally destructible" but they're not. _Some_ walls have _some_ level of destructibility. But, it's not the gameplay changing environment they claim it is. Once all of the players figure out which walls are destructible and where they are destructible then those walls become nothing more than doorways. We've already seen destructible doorways in HL2.

Now, if the ENTIRE wall was destructible that would change the entire gameplay mechanic. If I could sit there and destroy an entire building one brick at a time, that would be gameplay changing physics. That's what Warmonger claims to have but not what it delivers.

I still love my PhysX card, mostly because I use it a lot in scientific computing, but I hate to say that developers still aren't using it properly. I haven't played UT3 yet, so I cannot speak to it specifically. However, I'm a bit frustrated on the gaming front.
 
Back
Top