Any (free)software to convert a word doc to a picture file?

NewYork

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I have a word document that would be served as a picture file for this internal site I use at work. Does anyone know of an easy to use software program that does this?

Thanks

It's four pages and no, because SnagIT which allows you to custom scroll errors out when I try and accomplish this.

There are a bunch of 'print to image' applications out there, just try some of them. Heck, doesn't Office install one by default?

I would recommend just converting it to a PDF and posting it as that on the website. PDFill is a freeware to do this but also has the ability to print to an image file. If you want just PDF printing, use CutePDF. It's a little simpler to use and easier to setup (also requires Ghostscript).

There are a bunch of 'print to image' applications out there, just try some of them. Heck, doesn't Office install one by default?

- Can you name one?
- I do not believe Office(at least office 2010) has a print to image option.

I would recommend just converting it to a PDF and posting it as that on the website. PDFill is a freeware to do this but also has the ability to print to an image file. If you want just PDF printing, use CutePDF. It's a little simpler to use and easier to setup (also requires Ghostscript).
Office 2010 does have print to PDF which I've done. However, while using this particular website I'm using, uploading a picture of a text file would be easier. The site is badly built to say the least.

Whatsisname DOC -> PDF -> JPG

I understand Pacman thinks PDF's and Word docs taste better then a JPG, unfortunately that doesn't help me since I already typed the thing up. Unless I can have a word doc or PDF across a whole webpage somehow, if it's possible, please let me know?

ThanX

- Can you name one?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=print+to+image++free or perhaps http://lmgtfy.com/?q=print+to+image++"open+source

As should be clear from my post this isn't exactly something I've ever needed to do, just wanted to lead you to print filters and not direct exporters.
I do not believe Office(at least office 2010) has a print to image option.
Some 'Microsoft Office Image Exporter' or something is always added when you install Office 2k3, which I get annoyed at always having to remove. I figure that can export images somehow...

Wow, I swear, you can't ask a question anymore without someone linking a letmegooglethatforu link. Damn, I was just asking and didn't want to check out 5 different programs finding the best one when I'm in a rush.

Thanks!

Convert the .DOC to a .PDF. Then convert the .PDF to a .JPG. Done.

There are numerous tools out there to automate that chain.

I understand Pacman thinks PDF's and Word docs taste better then a JPG, unfortunately that doesn't help me since I already typed the thing up. Unless I can have a word doc or PDF across a whole webpage somehow, if it's possible, please let me know?

Convert the .DOC to a .PDF. Then convert the .PDF to a .JPG. Done.

That's the easiest. 2007 has built-in PDF support, just do a Save As, and create your PDF.
Then from within Acrobat you do a File-Save As and save it as a JPG.

Do you mean the one you have to pay for(Acrobat Pro)? Because I'm using Adobe Reader 9 and it doesn't have that option.

Yea...

You could use Zamzar.com, not sure how much converting you're going to be doing though.

you dont really have to pay if you just need to do this once..

There is a 30 day trial of the full version of Adobe Acrobat Pro available from Adobe's site.

Back