Any fix for 290 2D corruption yet?

Arcygenical

Fully [H]
I'm getting the super annoying 2D corruption on my desktop.

My taskbar, for example, gets increasingly garbled until the entire bar is forced to re-draw. Sometimes icons appear on the desktop in locations they are not, until the desktop is refreshed with F5.

I've seen other people have similar issues. I've tried most of the drivers from release until the 14.3 set, and I've forced voltages/clocks in Afterburner even in 2D.

No avail. I can't get a screencap, because screencapturing with prtscrn or snipping tool forces the icons to re-draw goddammit.

This bothers me because sometimes my clock will stay stuck at a different time, and I've been late for important things recently!

Sounds like you might have a bad card? Do you mine with it? If so you might need to turn down the clocks or intensity.

No mining. Just sitting at stock clocks. No issues with either overclocking or 3D gaming. No crashes, BSODs, grey screens etc.

Hits 1150 just fine under full load @ 47c under water. Did this with stock cooler as well.

Just 2D garbage.

Last edited:
Try using a driver cleaner to get rid of any traces of drivers and reinstall from scratch? Have another GPU you can try?

Something is off there, I've never experienced that with my 290s in 2D mode. You might need to RMA if you've already done a clean driver install and messed with volts/power limit to no avail.

are you using 14.x drivers?

its a known issue if so, go back to 13.12

Back