• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Any fire extinguisher geeks here?

uOpt

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
2,898
I want to buy a "real" fire extinguisher. Something that gives me a chance to actually fight a bit and does more than small oil fire on the stove. I guess I want something like the marshalls have on F1 races or what they use in airports.

The beefiest I can find on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RY6IBM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A2HD8Q5HC778I7&psc=1

Is that a good one? Can I go higher than 10 lb without it getting unusable? What product?

I want to avoid that pulver that ruins everything. Is that one of those? "Dry chemical" isn't too clear.

Thanks a lot.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
afaik they just use 20lb ABCs. amerex makes them, model: S-14438
and yeah the powder(yellow stuff, looks like sulphur) can ruin things, like our family tandy 1000 in the early 90s during a house party....
 
afaik they just use 20lb ABCs. amerex makes them, model: S-14438
and yeah the powder(yellow stuff, looks like sulphur) can ruin things, like our family tandy 1000 in the early 90s during a house party....

Can you clairify? Are those ABC units using that powder?
 
I got a good one at a local, commerical fire safety company. I guess the obvious question is... Do you care what types of fires you will need to extinguish? A, B, or C? E.g., if you're only talking about wood/paper fires, a very large tank of water would work.
 
Back
Top