Any eVGA 6800 owners experiencing problems?

IceWindus

n00b
I took one look through the eVGA forums and my heart just sank. Damn, thats alot of random issues with these cards. Has anyone experienced problems that these people are having with these cards? I've already planned wiping the system from the get go, I do that for every video card.

eVGA Card issues galore

Go to the forums for any of the other cardmakers and you will see the same. People don't hang out on those boards just for the heck of it (well, some do) they are there to either brag about how happy they are or to complain about a problem.

No Problems. . . Except that the drivers (61.77) arent Microsoft Certified (WHQL). And I get a popup message every once in a while. Not that big of a deal.

I have some freezing in DOOM3, but that was after a while of gaming (1+hr) and I figured it was due to the 410mhz clock. I dropped it down to 400mhz so hopefully that works. I did get some crash to desktop in doom3 at default core come to think of it, but I figured it was the game. Hopefully these cards aren't flawed.

I have no issues with my card. I used to hang at the eVGA forums until I noticed something...people there know very little about hardware.

Hmmm, should I get the 61.67's drivers or not bother? Seems like they changed alot in the 61.77's for the better.

IceWind said:
Hmmm, should I get the 61.67's drivers or not bother? Seems like they changed alot in the 61.77's for the better.

You should get the 66.00s. They offer the best performence right now, ESPECIALLY if you use alot of AA.

No problems here...I just upped mine to 375/830, still stable and cool, I love it :D

eVGA are about as stock 'reference design' as you can get.

I'm willing to bet most problems have nothing to do with the brand, and as much to do with misconfigurations and the like...

Nexnecis said:
eVGA are about as stock 'reference design' as you can get.

I'm willing to bet most problems have nothing to do with the brand, and as much to do with misconfigurations and the like...

I would agree...at least 80-90%, I would bet, are because of misconfigurations.

Overclocked, and have had zero problems. Actually to my surprise, I had a million problems with my 9800XT, not to knock ATi, but that would cut out all the time, and lock up, and that wans't even overclocked...

Back