Any Corsair reps or Strafe (non-RGB owners) [H]ere?

zero2dash

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm trying to get my Strafe replaced under warranty and the tech has been AWOL for almost a week now on my ticket, and on top of that, the doof had me try to reflash my firmware with Strafe RGB firmware and now my keyboard is COMPLETELY dead (where it was semi-operational before).

If anyone has a Strafe, the non-RGB variety, I have a huge flavor to ask of you.
I need your firmware. I cannot download the firmware file anywhere on Corsair's site, and apparently only techs have access to it.

There's a pinhole underneath the left foot on the bottom of the keyboard.
Unplug your keyboard from your PC, stick a pin, paperclip, otherwise pointy small object in there to push the button in.
You'll hear a click, very easy to get.
While pushing that in, plug your keyboard in. It'll mount as a storage drive.
Your firmware should be in that storage drive.
Please upload it somewhere...link that here. Sendspace, filedropper, whatever. Link it here.

If I try to boot with my keyboard not pushing the pinhole in, nothing happens. It's dead. I would have expected the Strafe RGB board to be the same, but apparently it isn't. My RMA ticket request has the non-RGB Strafe as the product, so I don't know why the tech would have sent me non-compatible f/w.

If a Corsair rep still comes here, please PM me. My keyboard is 8 months old and I just want to get it replaced. I love it and not having it anymore completely sucks. I've always been able to count on Corsair RMA in the past as being a flawless experience and so far, this one has been a nightmare. I called Thursday and asked for an update, was told I'd get an email shortly, and nothing has been done. Still.

Thank you.

Called again and finally got a tech to update my ticket...he sent the Strafe firmware and approved the RMA in case it doesn't work. Can't wait to flash until I get home...hopefully have a working keyboard again. :)

Back