ANy cool fighting games for Super Nintendo?

I believe the entire Street Fighter II series was on SNES. They were favorites of myself and my friends in high school. Many a broken controller over that game. ;)

Don't forget that they actually managed to get street fighter alpha 2 onto the snes. It wasn't the greatest of ports, but it was good.

Erm, the ones I can remember off hand (and assuming you mean street fighter/king of fighter style games).

Samurai Shodown
Killer Instinct
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo / Street Fighter Alpha
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
Mortal Kombat 3 (if you're into that kinda thing)

I'm sure there's a few others I can't recall..

Super Street Fighter II Turbo was my personal favorite ... I could not be beat using either Chun-Li or Ryu ...yay! .... :)

..well ..at least none of my younger siblings or their friends could be me anyways .. :p

awesome, ya i already got SF2 and KI, but now i want those other fighting games...you know when you are walking around and beat the shit out of the bad guys...then a arrow points in a certain direction to go that way....

kI ...man i fucking loved that game. Would waste so much at the arcade on that. Fighing that dam bull guy on the bridge at the end. mmmmmm just classic. Dont' make games like they used to....

In that case - super double dragon, final fight, battletoads-etc. are all fighting games of that type.

there were a couple final fight games ..and at least one final fight clone that was just as good.

Clayfighters was ok .. and the MK series was done well on the snes

now pit fighter ...theres a game fer yuh .. :p

super street fighter 2 turbo was not released for the snes

super street fighter 2 and street fighter 2 turbo were both released for snes

SSF2T had gouki (akuma) and was available for 3do, saturn, playstation and dreamcast

Street Fighter Alpha 3. Or at least that's what I think it was called. Anyways, I was soooo damn proud when I unlocked Akuma in that game, I let none of my friends play as him :D

Mortal Kombat 3
Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate
Art of Fighting
Weapon Lord

1 us3d t0 pwn @ teh MK! :D

MK2 was the the peak of MKness. Street Fighter 2 Turbo, hurricane kicks in mid-air! Clayfighters was a cult classic. I loved clay fighters. KI was hella fun for SNES but after i found the ultra64(sic?) arcade emulator and some KI/KI2 roms... im back in heaven.

I'll have to go for Mortal Kombat II and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. But then again, I have (almost) always loved the MK series.

I always wanted to play the mythical SNES port of Steet Fighter Alpha 2. Never got the chance and the damn ROM doesn't work on any emulators. I don't know what kind of Jedi voodoo shit they did to get that game to work on a Super Nintendo, but whatever it is the emus hate it.

If you're talking about fighting games where you run, kick ass, move along, kick more ass, try Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time.

Co-op with my brother and I, between TMNT IV and Contra 3, on the SNES we had to have spent a good 1/2 of a year playing just those two games. Very fun.

I really like the Mode 7 effects in TMNT IV: Turtles in Time... anyone that's played it, knows what I mean ;)

i don't remember which one, but mortal kombat was awesome and killer instinct i would have to say was the best.

For run around beating up guys type of games, try X-Men Mutant Apocalypse, Maximum Carnage, and Spiderman Separation Anxiety.

MasterShredder said:
Its all about Killer Instinct :D

I have to agree with you. Although the SNES version didn't compare to the arcade, it was still my favorite on the system. :)

Deadguy said:
super street fighter 2 turbo was not released for the snes

super street fighter 2 and street fighter 2 turbo were both released for snes

SSF2T had gouki (akuma) and was available for 3do, saturn, playstation and dreamcast
QFT

I got my ssf2 somewhere, god what a game!

I'll agree that Street Fighter and Killer Instinct were great; at least Street Fighter Alpha 2 was my favorite SF. Another good fighter was Fatal Fury Special, it had a number of people to choose from. It was solid, plus if I remember correctly it let you jump from background to foreground.

Then another fighter was Shaq Fu in which the b-ball player tried to kick the crap out of ninjas. Then there was Brutal: Paws of Fury, a very different game inwhich you played as cartoon animals fighters. Worth playing for something different. Then if you wanted to see dinosaurs fight go for Primal Rage; that game also had blood and Fatialties like MK.

By the way I think Mortal Kombat II was the best out of the 3.

Double Dragon, a really nice fighting game. I'm feeling quite nostalgic.. :p

Back