Any controllers to slow down the noise from vantec tornado?

Does anyone a fan controller model that will slow the speed down so i dont have to deal with this goddamn noise...i have 3 of these in my case...i cant even turn one of them on cause it sounds like i have a hairdryer running 24/7 OMFG teh noises pollution!1!1!

if the noise bothers you then why do you have them in the first place? There are plenty of other fan that move a good amount of air yet still arnt nearly as loud and can drop to uch lower speeds..

I made a big mistake i should never bought these..but now that I did i dont want them to go to waste...in the summer time when i have the A/C on in my apartment in NYC on a day like yesterday ( 96 degrees) my cpu idles at 23 celcius, and under load goes to 26 - 27 c I have my tower right next to the a/c with a floor fan inbetween pushing cool air from the a/c to tower with the case side open. Soooooooo performance isnt that big of a deal right now I just dont want them to go to waste so even running at minimum speed will satisfye me :)

the only way to make a fan quiter is to slow it down dua..

To do a 7volt mod, you hook up the Fans ground wire to the 5v line on the PC power (red) Leave the fans power line hooked to the 12v line (yellow)

Dont get confused fans often have a red and a black wire. The Red on the fan is + the black is -, the red fan wire gose to the yellow PC wire and the black fan wire gose to the red PC wire..

it will make you fans spin at 7v not 12v... thus slower, 7v is a bout a low as a tornado can go before it stops spining dure to low voltage..

Hmmm I dont think I'm in the mood to damage my power supply I think i'll just go with the fan controller...

Or you could just get a transistor and splice it to the Fans + wire.
Then it will run with less volts going to it.

I(illa Bee said:
the only way to make a fan quiter is to slow it down dua..

To do a 7volt mod, you hook up the Fans ground wire to the 5v line on the PC power (red) Leave the fans power line hooked to the 12v line (yellow)

Dont get confused fans often have a red and a black wire. The Red on the fan is + the black is -, the red fan wire gose to the yellow PC wire and the black fan wire gose to the red PC wire..

it will make you fans spin at 7v not 12v... thus slower, 7v is a bout a low as a tornado can go before it stops spining dure to low voltage..
Why not just do a 5 volt 'mod' ? i.e. just plug it into a 5 volt rail (red lead, 12volt is yellow).

With a fan name like 'Tornado' I bet even at 5 volts it's still fairly loud.

I have 4 tornadoes in my lian li, and their like a fucking jet engine when their all turned up. I have them all running on a Coolermaster Aerogate II so I can control them.

Arti said:
The Vantec Nexus line has worked fine for me.
nothing can stop a tornado!! well, the one that spawns out of clouds.
As for the Vantec Nexus, I will second that. my cousin has this thing for big loud fans in his PC and at LANs his stand out like a MOFO because of the noise.(he uses 5 of these things) so he one day went for a stroll through the woods and got himself one, and this thing works nicely. I would get it if you really want some silencing.

your going to find thaat thw tornado will not work well ona controller.. meaning, dosnt have very much varance.. jsut really low and high and MED

yea i have the nexus 305 model and it works great...i love the sound activated CCFLs too!! looks pretty cool...but the fan controller works well with the 3 fans i have hooked up to it

spine said:
Why not just do a 5 volt 'mod' ? i.e. just plug it into a 5 volt rail (red lead, 12volt is yellow).

With a fan name like 'Tornado' I bet even at 5 volts it's still fairly loud.

alot of fans will not run at 5v (tornado will not) and some fans will run at 5v but need like 6-8v to start it up, so you need to build a CAP circut to send full volts to the fan for a secound then down to 5v..

looks like he copied and pasted it from the site where he bought his prebuilt pc lol

Homer said:
looks like he copied and pasted it from the site where he bought his prebuilt pc lol

WTF i didnt buy it prebuilt...i made it myself parts from monarchcomputer.com and newegg.com-want me to send you the shipping invoices as proof?!?@ huh huh??!?! :mad:

:::::::::throws a harddrive at homer and runs away to hide::::::::

TheMadHatterXxX said:
WTF i didnt buy it prebuilt...i made it myself parts from monarchcomputer.com and newegg.com-want me to send you the shipping invoices as proof?!?@ huh huh??!?! :mad:

K, ill believe you lol, settle. It just seemed odd that you had like the whole model number of each part and stuff like that....

" MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI Socket939NVIDIAnForce4SLI
AMD Athlon64 3700+ 1MB90nmRev.ESanDiego(939)
OCZ Platinum 2GB (4 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR533 (PC 4200)Model OCZ5331024ELDCPE-K
2 SLI'd BFG BFGR68256GTOCX Geforce 6800GT | DELL 2005FPW 20.1 LCD
EnermaxNoisetaker EG701AX-VE-SFMAATX 2.0 w/SLISupport600W
PLEXTOR 8M Cache Sata DVD Burner PX-716A/SW | Maxtor MaXLineIII 7B300S0 300GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA150
AntecSOHO File Server | Sound Blaster Audigy1 | APC BX800 800VA, 540w XS Series UPS"

TheMadHatterXxX said:

HAHAHA ROFL that was funny...

me: runs in the catch nice 16mb cache HDD and run off with it... muhaaaa

I have several tornados (80mm) in several systems 5 volted...none have ever failed to start. File down the molex and flip it...done, and done. (or just jam it the hell in backwards if you can).

At 5V, they're actually one of the quietest fans around for their given output :)

clarkkent333 said:
Are you running more than 1 fan per channel or do you have 2 units?
I'm running 2 per channel on on 2 of the inputs , for the 2 heater cores I'm using and 2 on another channel for the other front intakes and 1 on the last channel for the exhaust. The controller can handle up to 20 watt draw per channel, so you can install as many fans as you want up to the 20 watt limit per channel.

dsc020084ya.jpg

From the other side.

317qc.jpg

the sunbeam is one of the best around, I think the newones are rater 20wayy per channel..Mine was 18watt per channel.. BUT BE WARRNED THE LEDS are bright as the damm sun

And I must have a got a bump tornado because mine will not start at 5v at all, it needs 6.3volt to start spining... thinking about it, neither one of my 2 80m tornados will run 5v or my 92mm

Back