any bit torrent clients have these features?

Absentee

[H]F Junkie
im looking for a bit-torrent client that can be minimized to the system TRAY(tiny icons on right...for clarification) and can have multiple download progress bars in the same window (ala kazaa style)

do not recommend eXeem please...its too buggy for me

i currently use this and hate having to have a window open for every torrent im downloading(5-6 at a time)...and on top of that....i cant minimize them to my system tray

so does anyone have anything that fits my criteria

:edit:
OH YEA! i also want to be able to pause my downloads...

Azureus (java) and BitComet might meet your requirements. I've never used Kazaa, so I'm not to sure as to what you mean by;

multiple download progress bars in the same window (ala kazaa style)

If you like minimizing stuff to system tray, I'd suggest you check out PowerMenu, as it adds that capability to all processes. Given that, ABC also fits your criteria.

Azureus has the features you seek plus a whole lot more; it's far more advanced than the client you're using right now. Many people like ABC as well but I haven't tried it, you might want to give it a shot. IIRC there have been some problems with cheater modifications of BitComet (to falsely report a high upload) and some members-only torrent sites have stopped supporting it...you might want to stick with one of the other clients. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong with that

i started with PTC, but recently discovered azureus and like it better. being written in java, it can sometimes be inherently slow as far as running the program, not the downloads, but for the features it provides, it's not a problem

I use burst!, which seems to do all of what you ask for above, but I've used BitTornado, and I liked it too.

burst!>BitTornado>ABC>Bittorrent

out of what all I've used

sounds like azerus is what im looking for...

what i meant by "kazaa style" is like multiple progress bars in one window....such as a "transfers" page that most P2P clients have....which is why i mentioned kazaa

that powermenu sounds like a god thing too...i will most definitley bedownloading that too....

btw, azureus can minimize to tray by itself, but it could be nice to control all your programs with that other program

I gotta vote for ABC. Azureus is ok, but slower than ABC since it's written in java.

both acb and azereus do what you want. ive used both and both are good clients but i think ill be going back to abc bc azereus hogs a lot of resources if you have a lot of torrents going, i never experienced that with abc.

Azureus is the best thing ever! thanks a lot for the recommendation!

If your hesitating and your still using bittorent or shad0w... forget it! Azureus is the best bittorrent downloader ever! It's got features that other downloading programs would do good to copy :)

Awesome! I made my donation to their cause! a paypal contribution helps these guys stay alive... and gives them motivation to keep up the awesome work.

Azureus is the best one so far. The only con I can think of is that it requires you to install java. But so far it gives you a lot of information in the details tab, and check out the country code plugin. It adds a last column w/ a flag indicating which country this peer is from.

They have really made the latest version quite easy to use and update, especially how you can download a list of plugins from sourceforge and have some of them installed on the fly.

Back