Any BestBuy employees on here?

fibertech

n00b
I have a laptop that needs some work done on it and have an extended warranty with them, but I don't have any paperwork. Can they look it up on the computer and see my info?

Yah, I dont personally work there, but I know they can look up any warranty info you have on it if you purchased the (PSP - Extended Warranty Plan).

I've forgotten papers before when I was returning an LCD moniter and they were able to look it up with my first/last name and I just had to confirm my address with them.

fibertech said:
I have a laptop that needs some work done on it and have an extended warranty with them, but I don't have any paperwork. Can they look it up on the computer and see my info?
I use to work at BB...but it sucked so I quit....MOVING ON..Yes you can get it serviced because they keep all that info in the computers and they will just look ya up. Good luck.

I used to work there as well... I hope you didn't have any plans for it for the next several months, possibly :(

insanarchist said:
I used to work there as well... I hope you didn't have any plans for it for the next several months, possibly :(
True that....Store # 258's "geek squad" is slow as hell!!

I used to work there. the whole store fucking sucks behind the scenes...I worked at the geek squad. Repairs take about a month to get back from the service center. :rolleyes:

Also, if you previously bought a cell phone under a product replacement plan, it will no longer be replaced, but it will be repaired at the shitty service center...

Just tell them it started smoking, they will look up the things they can "repair" in the computer and find that isn't one of them so you will get a new monitor. If you don't want to lie engineer your monitor to start smoking :) hehe. My laptop actually started smoking, and i had the PSP. Walked out of the store with a new laptop. Sad part of the story is my 2nd cd out of my 7 cd backup failed....bye bye backup since it was a 4gb rar file broken up into 700 mb chunks. It made me sad.

Back