Any Android/iOS Miners Legit?

I've not seen any, but there are a few apps you can earn money streaming vids with. One of them requires very little efforts from the user. If you want coins, take the PayPal transaction and convert it to coins as an investment. PM me if interested.

Nothing on iOS? All I see are stupid games and "random" apps. Want to set it and forget it. I have 6 iPads here collecting dust...

I love how some of the commenters on that article are so brilliant...... Like anyone would go out and buy $500 cell phones for mining bitcoin. This was a proof of concept. If anything, they would mine an altcoin and most likely use one of many $10 models. You can get quad core cell phones that cheap now throughout the year on specials. Considering how little power they consume, they are actually attractive for a lot of little applications. You can get Galaxy S5's (the example they used) for around $65 these days. Far from that $500 price point...

There was a time bitcoin WAS viable to mine on cell phones - back around 2009 2010 perhaps 2011.
There MIGHT be altcoins that are viable to mine on a cellphone today, but they're going to be VERY LOW hashrate and iffy if it's worth their power usage.

Last I looked at cell phone draw, at load they used like ~4 watts of power. They were and still are more efficient than CPU's in many cases for distributed computing. And like I mentioned above, getting Quad core phones for around $10 sure is a lot better than paying full PC prices. Granted mining on CPU isn't all that attractive these days. But there are still altcoins popping up here and there that might be worth it in the beginning. You never know. You can also technically mine BURST with the Cell phones for an extremely low power draw. However, that would require BURST to become popular again...

Back