Any alternative to this OOS 5in3 drive bay?

Apparently the 3-to-5 Mounting bracket for 5x HDD is out of stock, and the rep. at Servercase.com (the only source for this part?!?) said there is no ETA and the "manufacturer probably will not make any more since they don't sell well".

This really throws a wrench into my build, as I need 3 or those 3in5 bays for HDDs, and there's no way I'll be spending $70+ for hotswap 3in5s.

Can't these be found elsewhere?

I have ICY-dock 5in3, they are pretty good. But have way to many power connectors in the back.
If I had to choose again I would go for black/red Supermicro ones. :)

You could fabricate your own.. I know I have a ton of old cases around with drive cages that if I didn't care about being pretty I could bodge together something that'd work.

Also consider at $70 each that's $14 per drive for the hotswap ones, and that will make life easier it the future.. So it might be worth it.

The way I think of it, I'd rather spend $70 on another 500GB drive, not a fancy hunk of metal to put it in :(. Sheez, these stupid things cost more than a lot of cases!

You must look at price per drive it holds.
That way you can justify it.
On other thing that can help in justifying the expense is if you really need those racks to fit, all the hard drives you want, in your case.
:D

Back