any 5900ultra owners?

BioPort

Gawd
after a stroke of bad luck, i need to sell my x800xt.

someone in the for sale forum offered me a 5900ultra + cash, and i am just wondering what kind of performance i could expect out of this card... especially in HL2. any help would be greatly appreciated.

It will only play in directx 8 (or 8.1 im not sure) mode, but performance should be OK to say the least. Just dont go crazy with the detail.

As long as the cash is in the amount of $350-$400 it might not be a bad deal. That cards performance (used) is only worth maybe $100-$150. Its performance is similar to a 9800Pro, if you know what that is like. 3DMark03 ~5,000-6,000.

my 5950 isn't much faster but I can get nice fps's in HL2. It's very playable at 1680x1050 with high settings on everything but AA and AF.

You can force hl2 to think its a 9800 pro and get dx9 mode (with no performance hit I could tell, but I just played the demo), valve hates fx and punished it the only way they could.

Lord of Shadows said:
You can force hl2 to think its a 9800 pro and get dx9 mode (with no performance hit I could tell, but I just played the demo), valve hates fx and punished it the only way they could.

now now, lets not get into that :)

Back