• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Any 4ms 8 bit LCD's

Depends on whose marketing department you ask. There are no 4ms LCDs PERIOD. Make sure you read reviews or better yet see the display you want in person.

Sorry, I'm jaded. The bastardization of the response rate spec is a tragedy. Now I'm seeing 3ms panels. Before you know it they'll all use there own system of what works best for them. gr2g, green to gray or something like that. It is quite laughable seeing these "3ms" panels on the market. You'd be hard pressed to find a display that realistically keeps it under 12 ms for all transitions.
 
Too bad. I need to replace my old CRT, but unless LCD's can game just as good as a CRT, then I'll just buy a new 19 inch or 21 inch CRT.....
 
I didn't want to come off like an LCD hater. Just in a round about way your criteria hinges on marketing. Best to know what the real deal is.

A lot of us sticking to CRT guys are buying 24" trinitrons though. See the FW900 on ebay thread in this very section.
 
falcon26 said:
Too bad. I need to replace my old CRT, but unless LCD's can game just as good as a CRT, then I'll just buy a new 19 inch or 21 inch CRT.....

LCD will never game as good as CRT, period.

SED is right around the corner, though, which will combine the best aspects of both.
 
:D I'm very interested in those too. Might be a bit. That's why I got the FW900 to hold me over. I disliked blur on LCDs and being tied to a res with a big LCD got to be REAL tough. I hope SED is all they say it is.
 
waddles said:
LCD will never game as good as CRT, period.

i think it's matter of opinion.. i had 21" crt trinitron and switch to LCD and it's good as crt as far as gaming experience..
 
waddles said:
LCD will never game as good as CRT, period.

SED is right around the corner, though, which will combine the best aspects of both.


Pro-gamers use LCD's all the time these days. Good enough for them it seems....
 
Kamotek said:
Pro-gamers use LCD's all the time these days. Good enough for them it seems....

No need to reopen the debate on this.

To the OP: many will say CRTs are far superior to LCDs for gaming, many will say LCDs are just as good. I use an LCD and think it's fine, but one can't argue the numbers that have been shown in threads on this board. The solution is to head down to a B&M shop and test it out for yourself.
 
I bought a Samsung 940B to replace my old crappy CRT, and while it is allegeldy 8ms, blurring was quite noticeable. Turning quickly in Far Cry, scrolling text, dragging windows around, even just moving a black cursor on a white background. Sold the LCD on ebay and looking into a FW900. And many people have said they didn't notice any problems at all with the 940B, maybe I'm more perceptive :confused: never really thought of myself as an IQ nazi.
 
The one thing that keeps me from buying an LCD is the fixed resolution. Sure they can look great at native resolution, but scale lower, and they don't look right. While I wouldn't mind using an LCD for just Windows itself, it would be crap for games unless I always had the latest hardware so I could play it without scaling.
 
Indolentron said:
I bought a Samsung 940B to replace my old crappy CRT, and while it is allegeldy 8ms, blurring was quite noticeable. Turning quickly in Far Cry, scrolling text, dragging windows around, even just moving a black cursor on a white background. Sold the LCD on ebay and looking into a FW900. And many people have said they didn't notice any problems at all with the 940B, maybe I'm more perceptive :confused: never really thought of myself as an IQ nazi.

I feel your pain; I did exactly the same thing as you. Just that I had a different lcd and many people said it was great for gaming but in my eyes it wasn't.
 
Back
Top