Any 2550K users?

esCo_

Gawd
Joined
Apr 29, 2012
Messages
664
Anyone on these forums use an i5-2550K? If so how far have you been able to push it?
 
I take it not to many users use an i5 - 2550K. Ok I will post my stats later on tomorrow maybe.
 
So no one on these forums really use a i5-2550k? Wow. This chip is pretty beast IMO but I am new to intel. Came from a Phenom II X6 1090t. I have been able to clock it as high as 5ghz so far. I have yet to try and higher but I run it stable 24/7 @ 4.5Ghz with a Vcore of 1.265. The highest temp I see at 4.5Ghz is about 55C-60C. When i clocked it to 5Ghz I used 1.45Vcore and did not attempt anything less. Highest temp I hit was 81C. Load temps were taken during LinX run. Only thing I changed was the Multiplier and the Vcore.
 
Hardly anyone owns the 2550K because it's a very recent release by Intel, and because it's more expensive than the 2500k while shedding Quicksync and the IGP. Every overclock I've seen is the same range as 2500k, so you can imagine it's not nearly as popular.

Still, enjoy your chip. My 2500k is going on 1.5 years and still strong :D
 
So no one on these forums really use a i5-2550k? Wow. This chip is pretty beast IMO but I am new to intel. Came from a Phenom II X6 1090t. I have been able to clock it as high as 5ghz so far. I have yet to try and higher but I run it stable 24/7 @ 4.5Ghz with a Vcore of 1.265. The highest temp I see at 4.5Ghz is about 55C-60C. When i clocked it to 5Ghz I used 1.45Vcore and did not attempt anything less. Highest temp I hit was 81C. Load temps were taken during LinX run. Only thing I changed was the Multiplier and the Vcore.

I run my 2500k @ 4.8, 1.38v 24/7. I have not tried anything past this as my temps reached 68 on hottest core running IBT for an hr or so. I know its not close to max temp, but this is what I was comfortable with, and will push it more when I get a better cooler.
 
Welcome to the SB family. The 2550k is a bit of an oddball chip so you're not going to find a lot of people using it here. Here's my 2600k...I wasn't happy with the voltage required to attain 5ghz, so I backed off to a conservative 4.6ghz/1.3.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2333052

3cUe2.jpg
 
The 2550K is just a 2500K with a faulty iGPU that intel have tried to make more desirable by upping the multi by one. They don't clock any higher than the 2500K, cost a bit more and have less functionality. That's why not many people have them ;)
 
The 2550K is just a 2500K with a faulty iGPU that intel have tried to make more desirable by upping the multi by one. They don't clock any higher than the 2500K, cost a bit more and have less functionality. That's why not many people have them ;)

Don't 2550k's require less voltage to clock as high as a 2500k? At least that is what I have been told and witnessed else where. A lot of 2500k users have had to use 1.5Vcore to reach 5ghz. And to reach 4.5 I have seen most people having to use 1.3ish or above Vcore. And if I am not mistaken its not a 2500k with a faulty IGP, they simply disabled the IGP. Either way my 2550k is pretty bad a$$ imo and I got it cheaper then a 2500k. And it was BNIB. I thnk I paid like 150 for it. Thats actually why i got it instead of the 2500k. I was able to afford it for this price instead of what the 2500K was going for.
 
The 2550k is intels way of getting rid of silicon that has failed during the fabrication process. The igpu is non functional due to failure during fabrication, so they disable it and give it a new model number. It is exactly the same silicon as the 2500k, I can promise you that. But hey, if you don't care about having the igpu as backup and you got it for a good price then fair enough.
 
I have 2550K and it's same as regular 2500K just the iGPU is disabled, overclocking is same as well.
 
Back
Top