Antivirus for Windows 2000 Server - NOD32 ?

nonsequitur

[H]ard|Gawd
I do some occasional work for a small biz that has ten workstations, plus a server that runs win 2k server. we had an old version of norton antivirus running on it, and had been just renewing the subscription on it annually. over the weekend after trying purchase the virus subscription upgrade, we find out that the old version isn't supported. no biggie, i thought, since we can purchase av 2004 for the price of a virus subscription. however, after after the purchase i find out that it doesn't work on server installations.

i know i should be asking symantec about this, but i can't find squat on norton site about what version to get. It seems like there's a pricey groupware version, but it seems to only be available in multi-paks of five.

From all i've been hearing about NOD32, seems like that's the way I should go. Are there any such server os restrictions with NOD32 ?

thanks in advance...

I run NOD32 on an Win2K Server and Win2K3 Server with no issues. I like the NOD32 server version (NOD32 administrator). It is similar to Symantec Corporate in some ways but a lot lighter and better IMO. I bought 5 client liscenses for I think it was 150 several months back.

It really eases administration and saves on bandwidth going with NOD32 server. It's your call.

BriguyNJ said:
i know i should be asking symantec about this, but i can't find squat on norton site about what version to get. It seems like there's a pricey groupware version, but it seems to only be available in multi-paks of five.

It may depend on what exactly you were looking at, Symantec Corporate edition is what you will need for the client. Checkout Symantec Antivirus 9.0 Business Packs , it contains the server and client portions of the software.

Although the price looks high at $251, if you break it down, it amounts to about $50 per system. Quite cheap if you already know all the features packed into their corporate editions.

Back