Antivirus and folding

itsrickjames

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 11, 2010
Messages
162
Whenever I get a 6040 and try to send it part of AVG (avgnsx.exe) ramps up to 100% cpu usage and my client just sits there attempting to send for hours and doesnt error or anything. If I end the service the connection errors out, and then retry's successfully. I excluded the F@H folder that I run the console client from being scanned, and I am still having the same problem. Is there something I can do to stop that from happening? I am open to changing antivirus software or whatever it takes to not have this happen.
 
I switched from AVG to Avast a couple years ago and haven't noticed any issues with folding.
 
I use Microsoft Security Essentials on my machines and have no issues with it.
 
+2, +3, +4 and +5 (all of my boxen have MSE, no problems)

Ditch AVG, it's such a horrible AV these days.
 
If its a dedicated boxen - don't even bother. My folder is devoid of any protection software whatsoever
 
I guess I'm going to +7 on MSE, I have been using it since beta, originally aside another antivirus (forget which, I know~ bad), and have been very impressed with the lack of issues, and very los CPU usage.
 
Back
Top