Anti-Video Game Senator Using Campaign Funds For Attorney's Fees

HardOCP News

[H] News
Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Just think, this was the guy that was behind the 2005 law that criminalized the sale of violent video games to kids. Thankfully that law was thrown out by the Supreme Court a few years later.

Yee, a former Democratic state senator representing San Francisco, dropped out of the race for secretary of state on March 27, 2014 - the day after he was indicted on federal charges of allegedly accepting $62,000 in campaign contributions in return for various favors, and his part in facilitating the sale of machine guns and shoulder-fired missiles to an undercover FBI agent posing as a mob figure. Yee has pleaded not guilty to all of the charges.

I'm guessing selling bazookas to mobsters causes more violence to society than kids playing video games. I could be off on this, I dunno.

No wonder you're a weirdo. It's obvious the mobsters only want them for collections, not actual use. Unless they played video games.

There's deeper irony that he was a big gun control proponent than an anti-video game violence proponent. Pretty much another confirmation the government really wants to regulate something so they can garner kickback from it.

Democratic state senator representing San Francisco.

This is all you need to know. San Francisco is the corrupt center of the Democrats out here in California, and the entire state suffers under their tyranny.

The difference between liberals and conservatives is that liberals trust 50% of the government 100% of the time and believe corruption is non existent. Conservatives don't trust the government at all because they know it's filled with people like Leland Yee.

Political Campaigns: Kickstarter for lifetime politicians!

There needs to be a t-shirt.

Translation: Aging hipster liberal douche.

If you think that this kind of crazy shit is unique or even more common to any wing you clearly have absolutely no interest in political history or in facts as a whole.

If there's anything I've learned it's that being a crack pot is possible whether you're left wing, right wing, communist, fascist, or alien hive mind.

More importantly, I think most people in politics aren't picky about their party, they would swear fealty to a used Kleenex for influence and enough money. It's the common trash far, far underneath them that really grease the party wheels, those are the people who are still deluded enough to believe. AKA "the voters".

This is all you need to know. San Francisco is the corrupt center of the Democrats out here in California, and the entire state suffers under their tyranny.
The entire state suffers under the tyranny of agro lobby who's sparsely populated districts obstruct most legislation.
There's deeper irony that he was a big gun control proponent than an anti-video game violence proponent. Pretty much another confirmation the government really wants to regulate something so they can garner kickback from it.
no weirder than all those former anti-homosexuality congressmen having gay sex in bathrooms.

The entire state suffers under the tyranny of agro lobby who's sparsely populated districts obstruct most legislation.
no weirder than all those former anti-homosexuality congressmen having gay sex in bathrooms.

touché !

Nope,
I play and love to kill and blow up things. Serious Sam series is my fav. A lot of carnage.

GTA:San Andreas anyone? Can I hear a kickstarter for a [H]ard Political Party? Let's elect Kyle for president! Say it with me, it'll grow on you.

Nope,
I play and love to kill and blow up things. Serious Sam series is my fav. A lot of carnage.

*Every government official lol. Serious question though, in California, are Republicans, Democrats, or both violent video game haters?

Translation: Aging hipster liberal douche.

Replace Aging with Asian
Considering he's for cruelty to animals when it comes to shark fins and turtles in Chinatown if you say otherwise you're racist and attacking Chinese culture, so we can remove hipster as well.
And he's about as liberal as the CEO of MegaPharmInc.

Seriously, he's like every other politician, pander to the demographic that can get you elected, and then do whatever the fuck you feel like doing after.

One dimension of a politician's personality that can be always be assumed, is hypocrisy.
Hypocrisy knows no party.

You've got strict gun control advocates like Yee shipping RPGs to terrorist organizations, while anti-gay politicians jet off to Acapulco with Rent Boys. They need to keep their noses out of our lives and let the American people enjoy their guns and twinks without interference.
Just think, this was the guy that was behind the 2005 law that criminalized the sale of violent video games to kids. Thankfully that law was thrown out by the Supreme Court a few years later.
Thank God for that ruling. We American gamers don't know how lucky we are to have the highest court in the land declare vidya games to be a protected form of speech. Shout out to my homie Antonin Scalia, yo.
GTA:San Andreas anyone? Can I hear a kickstarter for a [H]ard Political Party? Let's elect Kyle for president! Say it with me, it'll grow on you.
I nominate Steve to head the Ministry of Biceps. Can he also co-chair the Department of Loot-Filled Cave Shooters?

repubs tend to be pro gun, so probably not many hate video games
Eh, I wouldn't be too quick to label one party as pro-vidya and the other anti. Politicians will hate on or support whatever issue gets them the most votes.

Look how quickly the dems switched their support for Keystone XL when they were trying to salvage Landrieu's Senate seat. Or how the republicans are tripping over themselves on their way to support amnesty for Mexican citizens.

A lost presidential election or a threat of losing a majority is what fuels these people's opinions. Not any deeply held principal or belief.

Back