Anthem Full Gameplay Demo - E3 Best Action Game Winner

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
A lot of people have been looking forward to BioWare's Anthem and a few details and videos have dribbled out over time. The video we're taking a look at today comes directly from BioWare and shows 20 minutes of gameplay featuring teamwork, how the exosuits fly, and even has a boss fight. I like how the developer explains what's going on. Check it out.

Watch the video here.

Last edited:
Bethesda's Anthem? We could only wish and hope.

Also is there gameplay without the shitty commentary/voice over/fake gamer bullshit?

Alright, so I'm so contrarian and non-conformist than I will resist the resistance and give this game a chance.

I'm still not seeing much game here.....but holy crap it's a pretty tech demo.

It will be a good game for what it is. Just not what people would expect when they see the name "Bioware."

Looks like Phantasy Star Online sired a love-child with Gears of War....

Story light. Action and pretty graphics heavy. It does appear to be combo driven to defeat the big boss types. Just a big old shoot em up for the masses. Not my kind of game honestly. Now if the bad guys were other players....

I'm still not seeing much game here.....but holy crap it's a pretty tech demo.

So was Destiny. Let's hope it's not all glitz and cool shooting mechanics, without any real story or meat to it. We need another massive online shooter with no story like a hole in the head. You can't throw a rock without hitting one.

Alright, so I'm so contrarian and non-conformist than I will resist the resistance and give this game a chance.

Maybe I am delusional but I also feel contrarian. The Storm can hover 100 feet in the air and fight. They can make a cliff wall 1,000 feet high and you can navigate it in your Javelin, have some ledges, etc.. But it will look a bit nicer than Duke Nukem 3D.

It's easy to go to 2013 memes and jokes about the wildlife being interesting, but seeing their version of elephants (etc.) stampeding in a Frostbite jungle will be entertaining. Or predators that can kill you.

Its a shame those humongous damage numbers throw off the immersion of an otherwise beautiful game. Not sure of a particular better way to do this, but just saying.

Looks like a Diabloesque Rogue-like with Ironman inspired characters on an Avatar style planet.

Has potential.

Well, it seems to be aimed at the lowest common denominator. That's for sure. And It's not actually good that the damage indicator labels completely obscure the enemy is it?

Meh I don't understand how can this be best. What's the rest like if this is the best? Looks so boring and generic. If this was supposed to get me excited, well it didn't.

Its a shame those humongous damage numbers throw off the immersion of an otherwise beautiful game. Not sure of a particular better way to do this, but just saying.
How about getting rid of damage numbers? And doing it like any good game does with visual and audible feedback? Eg: bood splatter, and hitting rounds having a specific sound like in half life.

Sadly for me this game hits me right where it hurts, I could see myself hooked on that game like crack, which means I can't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

How about getting rid of damage numbers? And doing it like any good game does with visual and audible feedback? Eg: bood splatter, and hitting rounds having a specific sound like in half life.

I'm pretty confident those damage numbers can be disabled via options just like Diablo etc.

Well, it seems to be aimed at the lowest common denominator. That's for sure. And It's not actually good that the damage indicator labels completely obscure the enemy is it?

Meh I don't understand how can this be best. What's the rest like if this is the best? Looks so boring and generic. If this was supposed to get me excited, well it didn't.

Yeah. It seems like your average low grade "sci fi" which is really just cheesy robots and guns. Okay, but they could have done something salvageable story wise even if it was a generic one. But no, it looks like another "make your experience" game. The only goal seems to get to find better gear... with no real purpose to anything.

Gameplay looks okay, graphics look good seeing that it is Frost Bite. Just seems like they wasted a lot of potential to make a generic, lazy co-op game. Even if they offer an SP mode it doesn't look to be coherent enough to be anything more than a "meh" experience.

The game is designed to be an endless grind. Not a bioware game. Just the new type of game that brings in daily payments from players.

Look at what the Ubisoft dork said recently.

Corporations don't give a fuck if the game has a good story or single player experience.

Yeah. It seems like your average low grade "sci fi" which is really just cheesy robots and guns. Okay, but they could have done something salvageable story wise even if it was a generic one. But no, it looks like another "make your experience" game. The only goal seems to get to find better gear... with no real purpose to anything.

They constantly say gods were building the world and left. They aren't going to show them now but beings as large as reapers could definitely start coming for you. I bet they can come up with some compelling choices like the genophage issue and Williams or Alenko having to die, and I never went with Morinth but it's interesting as an option.

so far, BORING has the most likes in here and what's with the numbers flowing out of the colossal's guns or at least, it looks that way ... looks like a kiddie game when that happens

Yeah. It seems like your average low grade "sci fi" which is really just cheesy robots and guns.

reminds me very much of Lost Planet 2 with jet packs

It will be a good game for what it is. Just not what people would expect when they see the name "Bioware."

after Andromeda and now this, the name BioWare is fading fast, far as I'm concerned (pretty graphics does not a game make).

What I think is missing from the industry are people who are very talented for coming up with something original

Last edited:
So was Destiny. Let's hope it's not all glitz and cool shooting mechanics, without any real story or meat to it. We need another massive online shooter with no story like a hole in the head. You can't throw a rock without hitting one.

I really enjoyed Destiny 2 when I first started playing it, and then I realized the story was all fluff and no substance. great shooting game, but I just fire up Overwatch when I need to scratch that itch. Can't wait to roll around killing people with a giant hamster....

Back