• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec900 Fan wiring question

Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
55
I decided I was going to try my own build so i just recently starting purchasing my components. So far i have the antec900, CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W psu, crucial ballistix 6gigs ram, i7920 ..... Now i was just messing around to see how I was going to do the cable management and realized i didnt know where to connect the fans to. I looked at the psu cables and couldnt find any that would fit the fans connectors. I was hoping I couldnt get some help on here. Ill link my psu and the motherboard im planning to get to see if someone can tell me if i can just connect the fans to the mobo

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006&Tpk=CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V

EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...VGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX X58

Any help is appreciated :)
 
Let me put on my psychic hat and read your mind, ....... "what kind of fans do you have?"
Are they small 3pin, 2pin, 4 pin?
 
I have the Antec 900 and it used standard 4 pin molex from what I remember. Unless you got the Antec 902 which is new version of that case which those may be different. In any case, please post a screenshot of the fan connectors you are talking about and I would be glad to look at them.
 
I have the Antec 900 and it used standard 4 pin molex from what I remember. Unless you got the Antec 902 which is new version of that case which those may be different. In any case, please post a screenshot of the fan connectors you are talking about and I would be glad to look at them.

Nope.. they are not any different on the 902 case. I have the 902. I HATED the molex connectors so basically I found some old 3 pin motherboard header fan connectors, removed them from my cheapy throw away 80mm fans that I had laying around and swapped em in place of my Antel 902 120mm case fans (and the big fan on top). All is well now, in the kingdom of Antec 902. ..hahaha.
 
You won't be able to connect them to your motherboard. You can power them from the molex connector cable on the powersupply. (I had the 900 years ago and replaced my fans, (with 3-pin fans), so I could manage them using the motherboard headers.)

If you're looking for cable management idea for the 900, you might what to check out the sightly dated thread here:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1889983&postcount=1
 
By the way, Cable Management is why I'm changing from the Antec 900 to the HAF 922 for my build this week. Too much of a hassle to convert it. Plus I feel that the HAF 922 is a better designed case.
 
I will post a picture of the fan connectors when I get home from work. Thanks for everyones help so far.
 
connector on the right is from the psu and the left is for the fans

IMG00030.jpg
 
Another cheap alternative, might be running the fans (back and top) over the MB (at least there's room/a small gap in my 902 for this) and hooking them up to a fan controller, which keeps everything pretty hidden...
 
ahhhhh, dude thanks alot. I would have never looked at the back of it. So thats what i need to do right? Just connect those two cords together
 
Back
Top