Antec Twelve Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case($139 Shipped + tax in NY)

That is a great deal! I thought I was getting a deal through the Egg when I bought it at $169! Thanks for making me wish that I waited, but if I waited to buy then I'd never have built my computer! :p

the 5% off coupon takes off the tax pretty much.. it was 142.90 after tax here in cali.. might have to buy 2..

That case must be huge. I guess the "gaming" means more cooling room for overclocking.
It's definitely not a LAN case. This is what I thought when I hear "gaming".

That case must be huge. I guess the "gaming" means more cooling room for overclocking.

Please don't tell me I'm the only guy who handtrucks his rig to the lan...

BOTH of my current cases are bigger than this one, it aint THAT big.

Got mine last friday and it aint going to work for what I want to do. :mad:

No room for a 2 spot 120mm rad out back on the case. Damn side panel and thumb screw are in the way.

Hanging a radiator off the back is kind of tricky with the whole side panel thing. My plan is to put a couple of washers, rubber or not, and back the radiator off the back a bit. Then use some bolts long enough to pass through the fan, radiator, and case. Use a couple of nuts to tighten the bolts down. That way there is some space so the side panel could still get on back there. Then replace the thumbscrew with a small screw.

Either that or do some cutting on that side panel lip.

Edit: Yes my current case is bigger than this one. Old Antec sx1240, big sucker. I used a carrying strap around the case to get it to lan parties.

wonder how long this price will last and if it will get cheaper than this.. ugghh.. they refunded my payment since it was not a verified addy.. should have just used CC info instead of PP haha oh well glad i didnt really need this case (have 3 extra stackers to build with)

BOTH of my current cases are bigger than this one, it aint THAT big.

Got mine last friday and it aint going to work for what I want to do. :mad:

No room for a 2 spot 120mm rad out back on the case. Damn side panel and thumb screw are in the way.

That sucks, I really like this case but I need room for at least a 2x120, right now I have a 3x120!

I am happy with my Ultra Aluminus case but more fans mean more cooling for my Air cooled rig, it also mean more noise but who cares! :D

I am turn, I only play SP, never online so I don't know if it warrants the expenditure... I am so tempted though! :(

Hey Jailer, maybe you throw me a hellacious deal and I take your case off your hands? ;)

This is a great looking case. I am in the middle of my new build but am thinking seriously of getting it. I wonder how noisy it is and if the fan speeds can be controlled?

This is a great looking case. I am in the middle of my new build but am thinking seriously of getting it. I wonder how noisy it is and if the fan speeds can be controlled?

The fans are all Antec TriCool fans, even the one up top. They all have a little 'Low, Medium, High' switch hanging from them.

Hey Jailer, maybe you throw me a hellacious deal and I take your case off your hands? ;)

I'm going to try some spacers to see if I can mount it out away from the back of the case a bit and make it work. If not, I might just have to take you up on your offer.

In for one. I've been thinking about this case for a while...was comparing it with the Lian Li PCA70-B/PCA71-B when they were both $200+ but for this price there was no question. There are things I like about the Lian Li, namely the hard drive mounting method and nearly tool-less design, but the Antec also has quality construction and airflow that should compete with wind tunnels designed to test aircraft. :)

Got it for $132.99 with the 5% coupon. Bummer that they wouldn't accept the 8% coupon since I had already used it for the 37W3SE, but oh well. Free shipping and no tax still makes it a great deal for a great case IMO.

Thanks for the deal; I was too late for the similar deal @ Newegg (one day sale) so this is sweet.

I finally got around to ordering thanks OP. No 8% for me either but for $133 I will take it.

Mine arrived today - w00t. The bad thing is that I only bought this because it was a great deal for a great case, not because I have any extra hardware to put in it. This would be the perfect excuse for a new build, but I was hoping to wait until Nehalem came out to drive down prices on the 45nm quads. And I so want to jump on that deal for the Corsair 1000w PSU but I'm afraid by the time I get around to putting a new rig together, it'll have dropped in price anyway. Decisions decisions! Damn, I've gotta stop visiting the Hot Deals forums...(yeah right!)

What do you guys think about dust and rusting with this case? My new set-up will force me to put my case on the ground so I need something big. Do you think either will be a problem with the 1200?

Figures... I just jumped on the Antec 900 deal that Buy.com has going on too. This would've been nicer, but oh well. :p

Back