• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec Truepower 750 won't boot

ericsan

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 11, 2002
Messages
103
I've had a Truepower 750 running for 3-4 years on a Asus P6T i7 rig just fine. Now it won't boot. Powers on, then off instantly. Switched PSUs and the rig boots fine.

Tested the PSU with a Antec digital PSU tester and the voltages are just fine.

Tried the PSU again back in the rig, won't boot. Haven't tried it in another rig yet, but it's strange that it passes a PSU tester, but won't boot the PC.

My computer is in a very humid, salty environment. I live near the ocean in Hawaii. Things get corroded, but I haven't seen a PSU die like this.
 
I've had a Truepower 750 running for 3-4 years on a Asus P6T i7 rig just fine. Now it won't boot. Powers on, then off instantly. Switched PSUs and the rig boots fine.

Tested the PSU with a Antec digital PSU tester and the voltages are just fine.

Tried the PSU again back in the rig, won't boot. Haven't tried it in another rig yet, but it's strange that it passes a PSU tester, but won't boot the PC.

My computer is in a very humid, salty environment. I live near the ocean in Hawaii. Things get corroded, but I haven't seen a PSU die like this.

The PC tester may tell you the PSU is ok, but it doesn't place an actual load on the power supply. I have experienced the same failure you're describing so many times I have lost track of the number times it has occurred.
 
Yep, those testers are almost entirely useless for actually testing a PSU.
 
Ok - now it goes from strange to really friggin weird. I picked in a brand new Antec 850 from BB last night and tried it. Same thing. Power flashes on for a sec and turns off. Won't boot.

Pulled out an even older Antec 430, and yes system booted right up.
 
Since i have a very similar motherboard i figured i would chime in....but gosh that makes no sense at all. What does the rest of your pc consist of? Maybe your somehow not hooking the newer power supplys back up correctly? list all your parts and post some pictures of the setup with the supply you cant get to boot up....maybe one of us can spot what your doing
 
Back
Top