My Antec 480W truepower 2.0 (
) has separate "fan-only" power connectors for case fans. The manual says the voltage on those connectors are "load controlled" and regulate the case fans depending on system load.
I tried them for my case fans but the result was pretty useless. It basically would run the fans at slow all the time even at full system load. This resulted in severely higher case temps than normal. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it possible to disable the "load control" of the fan-only connectors. I'd like to use those connectors so I can keep my fans off the power connectors to my graphics card.
Here's my system:
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
Athlon 3500 newcastle
XP90 + panaflo medium
2x512 MB Corsair 3200XL
eVGA 6800 ultra
Antec TruePower 2.0 480W
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case
I tried them for my case fans but the result was pretty useless. It basically would run the fans at slow all the time even at full system load. This resulted in severely higher case temps than normal. Does anyone have experience with this? Is it possible to disable the "load control" of the fan-only connectors. I'd like to use those connectors so I can keep my fans off the power connectors to my graphics card.
Here's my system:
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
Athlon 3500 newcastle
XP90 + panaflo medium
2x512 MB Corsair 3200XL
eVGA 6800 ultra
Antec TruePower 2.0 480W
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case