I purchases one about a week ago to replace my viomax 550 unit. I was having stability issues when I recently upgraded my system. I had them somewhat before, but not as apparent.
Problems would include restarting when cpu is under heavy loads and while playing games. My comp would also restart when attempting to overclock my vid card(5900), this is what pointed me towards the ps, reason for this is that the same vid card in my bros rigs did not display the same problem.
So I decided to check the 12v line and 5v line with a multimeter and to my suprise my 12v line would drop to around 11.40 and fluctuate when playing doom 3, idle would be at 11.67. In mbm it was reading 12v 10.96 and 5v 3.95 when underload, but didn't think it was a problem at first since most say software readings are deceving.
After receiving the antec the 12v reads at 12.02 while at idle and 12.00 while at load. 5v reads at 5.02 both at idle and load.
Overall I'm very satisfied with the unit. My comp no longer restarts or freezes while under heavy loads. Like I said before no huge drop in voltage and no noticeable fluctuating. Its been in use for about a week with no apparent problem. construction of the true430 is tremendously better then the viomax, and also weighs abit more.
System specs
Athlon 64 3000@2.2 1.5v
VNF3-250
leadtek 5900nu@ 500gpu/900mem
512mb pc3200
liteon 851s DVDRW
Problems would include restarting when cpu is under heavy loads and while playing games. My comp would also restart when attempting to overclock my vid card(5900), this is what pointed me towards the ps, reason for this is that the same vid card in my bros rigs did not display the same problem.
So I decided to check the 12v line and 5v line with a multimeter and to my suprise my 12v line would drop to around 11.40 and fluctuate when playing doom 3, idle would be at 11.67. In mbm it was reading 12v 10.96 and 5v 3.95 when underload, but didn't think it was a problem at first since most say software readings are deceving.
After receiving the antec the 12v reads at 12.02 while at idle and 12.00 while at load. 5v reads at 5.02 both at idle and load.
Overall I'm very satisfied with the unit. My comp no longer restarts or freezes while under heavy loads. Like I said before no huge drop in voltage and no noticeable fluctuating. Its been in use for about a week with no apparent problem. construction of the true430 is tremendously better then the viomax, and also weighs abit more.
System specs
Athlon 64 3000@2.2 1.5v
VNF3-250
leadtek 5900nu@ 500gpu/900mem
512mb pc3200
liteon 851s DVDRW