• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec True330w 12v rail question.

Keetha

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
356
I have the Antec True Power 330w model. MBM is shwoing +11.38/-11.89. I am pretty sure from what I have been reading here that the -12v doesn't even matter, right? But +11.38 doesn't seem very good. Any ideas why it is like this? Does it matter? Can it be fixed?
 
You need to measure those readings with a multimeter to be sure, and yes -12v doesn't matter, it's just the +12v that you need to worry about. Spec is down to +11.4v, so that is out by a little, and still waaay lower than most would like
 
I thought spec was 11.64? 3% for the +12v I believe. I think my dad has multimeter I can work with, but only if you could tell me what to do with it? I don't know :/.
 
I was refering to ATX Spec, you are correct that with a Truepower line supply you should expect 3% as it promises. You need to grab a molex connect, shove the black (COM) from the meter into one of the black wire holes, and the other one into the yellow +12v wire. Make sure you are set in the right voltage range
 
Truepowers run around there. The rail being slightly low is completely normal, and within specs. You have 10% leeway to still be safe, so I would say that you are in good shape. If the psu has dramatic swings, then that's a different story.

It is rare to get a psu that runs "spot on" rail voltages.
11.38 is a bit low, however. The 5V rail is more critical. What does it read?
 
Don't trust MBM... it has to get it's voltage readings off a sensor chip on the motherboard. Lots of variables there to play havoc with the voltages. Multimeters don't lie if you're testing directly off a molex.

My True430 runs at around 12.03V and 5.03V, full load. Idle is pretty much spot on, 12.00V and 5.00V.
 
Back
Top