Antec TP 550 fan bad? Brand new.

Reagent

Limp Gawd
Just got this supply, the MoBo is showing the fan to be in "alarm" and is only spinning at ~750RPM's.

This something I should be worried about?

Or is this the speed that it should be spinning?

i dont have it but perhaps under no load it slows down to reduce noise because the temp inside the PSU is under a certain degree

Yeah you are probably correct...it has some sort of quiet features.

May be no big deal.

From the TP2 manual:
We've also included a 3-pin fan signal connector. Connect it to one of the fan connectors on your motherboard. You can monitor the speed of the rear power supply fan through your
motherboard BIOS or through the monitoring software included with your motherboard.
Note: When temperatures are low, the speed of the fan many drop below 1000 RPM. At such low speeds, some motherboards may not be able to properly detect the fan speed and may generate a false fan failure warning. To ensure proper fan monitoring, please refer to your motherboard manual.

cool and quiet only effects the processor, not the power supply. it changes processor speed/voltage depending on load

I have quiet cool disabled...

Oh and thanks AntecRep...I would like to say that even had the PSU come with a manual, I would have read it...but the truth is, it didn't.

Thanks for the answers by the way.

Got everything squared away now it seems. And as soon as I get some decent thermal grease I will be OC'ing this thing.

Back