• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec Three Hundred Two Mid-Tower Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Looking for a new mid-tower case to slap all your hardware in? Those crazy crustaceans over at Mad Shrimps have just posted a review of the Antec Three Hundred Two that should be of interest.

Antec, one of the biggest case manufacturers on our humble blue planet, has recently upgraded their cheap entry level gamers case, the Antec Three Hundred. The new version is simply baptised as the Three Hundred Two. The predecessor was one of Antec's best selling chassis, but Antec had to bring their little 300 up to 2012 standards.
 
arrrrrrg... all I want is a true mid-tower with 6 external 5.25 bays from top to bottom in the front.

Everything that has 6 bays is pretty much a smaller full tower with more bays or dead space for side mounted hdds....

Just want a compact 10 drive (2 x 5in3 enclosures), unraid server.

Generally like antec cases though.
 
My Antec 300 original is still the best case I've ever owned. Now that it's getting on in years, I'm pretty tempted to make this upgrade for the extra cooling options. I also like the beveled front panel.
 
Just FYI, the standard 3.5 adapter doesn't work without drilling holes with this new 'tooless' drive bays.
 
My current case is the original Antec Three Hundred. Definitely a great case to work with! Currently upgrading to an 800d...will keep this guy around though! Great case at a low price!
 
To cut costs Antec hasn't black coated the interior.

What is the deal with this? Is black paint really that much more money than grayish or whatever you call the default color? I have seen this a lot before, how much does it cost to paint the interior of a case a different color?? :mad:
 
Ive loved my 300. Its been a great one, is very well built, has decent room and looks really good. I just bought a Corsair 500R last night and it should be here tomorrow. The only reason I decided to move up a notch is that I want to expand to dual video cards and would like to venture into water cooling and Id like to have some better cable management so I can make it look all purdy and stuff. The 300 just doesnt have the room I need to do all that stuff, well at least not easily. If youre into single cards and regular air cooling, the 300 is an excellent case.
 
I managed to squeeze a basic water-cooler into the 300, but you're right, it's definitely a tight fit. Tried the Antec 900 and it just seemed ridiculously overdone to me. I'll probably pick up the 300 2 for my next case since I'll be single-carding it for the foreseeable future.
 
Back
Top