Antec Three Hundred Front USB Shorting out

Ohmsford

Limp Gawd
So I'm having some problems with my Antec Three hundred case, in particular the front usb. Whenever I plug in a flash drive, usb receiver, etc. if I accidentally bump both the metal of the case and the usb port, the computer will crash, I'm guessing due to a power short. I do not want this to continue to happen, it could get to the point where I fry something....

My motherboard is a P5QL asus motherboard. I've looked at the front usb connections and they look...good. Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem with a couple of HEC cases I got to build new computers for our office in. If anyone knows what the heck is causing this, I'd love to know how to fix it. I had a couple of different flash drives and a wireless usb adapter plugged into both of them with no problems when I was working on them in my basement, but once I brought them to the office they both have the problem. It is not every time but enough to be a real pain. I'm wondering if its a grounding problem, haven't had time to test the theory yet.

Both are running Gigabyte GA-MA74gm-s2 motherboards and HEC 6C28BBOH48D cases, with AND 4850e processors and 2gb crucial DDR2-667 ram. Both cases included a 485 watt power supply.

Back