• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec Super Lan Boy or Preformance One?

lanboy .. I've tinkered with one of those Perfomance one cases.. not bad, but the front bezel is crap fake chrome plastic.. ewww.
 
hmm... guess i might go for the lan boy.. also alot cheaper...
sonata is amazing, but i need a window...
 
The Lan Boy is smaller. I'd rather have too many 5 1/4" bays than too few. Also, I think a door covering up my optical drives is useless.
 
Originally posted by V0ltage
hmm... guess i might go for the lan boy.. also alot cheaper...
sonata is amazing, but i need a window...

While I have not yet seen an Antec case that was not built like a tank (and that is a good thing), that Super Lan Boy's front bezel is quite ugly IMO. I say go for the Sonata and put your own window in.
 
Have you seen the super lan boys without the front ugly fan grill on? It really looks nice and clean, + ya got a full view of the 120mm:)
 
yea maybe id take off the original grill and put a nice custom one on it.
 
I have the Super LANBoy, it's pretty nice and was well worth the money.

The metal finish is nice and brushed, the case is very light, sturdy, and all around well thought out. It is a more compact case if you're planning to put in large radiators and run lots of tubing. This is not a problem for me since I run 1 HD and 1 optical drive and was able to move things around a little. The fans that come with the case are nice and quiet and move a decent amount of air.. Also, they give you a little pop-out storage tray to put screwdrivers, extra screws, grease, easy-to-lose connectors, etc into... Initially it seemed cheesy and then I found myself using it all the time - nice touch. Plus it comes with a sturdy carrying strap that doesn't suck. One of the best things about this case is the air flow... The honeycomb grille on the rear is really sweet for a stock grille and i'm not itching to cut it out, like I usually do with other cases..

I also have the front plastic grille thing taken off and there's a 120mm fan feeding a dtek heatercore there now (after removing the lower HD bay of course... tee hee) :D It all fits really nicely, even along with a bay-res.

If you're looking for something light and moddable that's built from the ground up for 120mm you can't go wrong with this case.
 
Back
Top