Antec Sonata + Thermalright SI-97. will it fit?

GreendogX7

n00b
Running an ASUS A7N8X-e DLX with a A-XP 2500+ barton overclocked to 2.21 and sitting at 46c idle. I'm not happy with the temps on the stock cooler.

What concers me is that the Socket sits quite high on the mainboard and my powersupply is RIGHT above the mainboard.

The SI-97 has intrigued me for a while and really want to get this on my rig. Does anyone out there have experiance with this board/box/cooler combo?

This is a temporary fix untill I can order my stacker later in the year and I have no doubt that this cooler will fit in that. :D

thanky in advance!
- ;)

edit: Just got done looking at the thermalright motherboard compatability list for this cooler and only one board was listed as non-compatable,and it wasn't mine. Should I give it a shot? just waiting on input from someone who might have some input.

fits on my abit nf7-s rev 2.0 if that helps...should check the thermalright site see if it fits your board and if so then likely it will fit the case. I have a 120mm fan on the top of mine and i had to move the psu up a few mm to make it fit.

c00z said:
fits on my abit nf7-s rev 2.0 if that helps...should check the thermalright site see if it fits your board and if so then likely it will fit the case. I have a 120mm fan on the top of mine and i had to move the psu up a few mm to make it fit.

You obviously haven't the slighest clue about the case he mentioned.

it should fit. I have mine an si-97 on an albatron kx18dpro in an antec 3700bqe case, which is pretty similiar to the sonata. I'm sure it'll fit.

Have you emailed the companies to see what their tech support team thinks? Send one to thermalright, and the other to Antec, and see what they have to say.

Back