• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec Sonata PSU Upgrade

brownkc

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
715
I am finally going to make the jump to PCI-E. It looks like most top-end cards require at least a 450W PSU. My case has a 380W PSU. I think the Seasonic S12-600 would be a good upgrade that will hopefully last a few years (doubt I will go to SLI).

Are there any problems with fitting the Seasonic in a Sonata case? I remember reading about some quirk regarding the PSU when I bought the case. I can't remember if it is as simple as losing the ability to have the PSU regulate the case fan speeds or if it was a proprietary setup size-wise and other PSU's won't fit.

Your help is appreciated.
 
Back
Top