• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec Sonata III pics?

lost eden

Gawd
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
546
I just ordered the parts for a dirt-cheap new PC, which will be housed in a Sonata III. It's not the biggest case around so I was wondering if anybody here has/had one & can share some pics of systems so I can get some ideas before it arrives?
 
They look like nice cases, I almost purchased one myself before.

The only complaint I've heard is that the front air intake is bad since it sits behind the HD cage farther away from the front itself, rather than in front of the HD cage nearest the front of the case itself...so intake airflow will be pretty bad.

Other than that it looks like a very nice case (if you don't mind having a door). In the end I didn't want a door-ed case this time so I opted for door-free. ;)
 
I used one to build a "server" for a charity group. It was a great case. the rubber grommets for the hard drives make a huge difference! The interior was also very open and easy to work with.
 
The parts arrived on Monday, quick reference shot;

yuzuki_jan_08.jpg
 
I really like the look of the S3, but it didn't pull in enough fresh air to cool my Quad, so I replaced it with a CM690. I still have the S3 though, and will use it to retire the Quad once I upgrade and de-OC it. :D
 
Back
Top