Antec Sonata and 350?! watt power supply?

Grimlakin

[H]ard|Gawd
I was doing more research and reading about the Sonata case I have. And I came across this on Atec's store site.

http://www.antec-inc.com/Detail.bok...nata&keywordoption=AND&start=1&total=3&no=280

Look sepcifically at the power supply. Now the one in my case is the 380 Trupower I was just suprised to see them listing it as an 350 wat on their site.

If you go to the listing for the product not on the store it lists the 380 trupower.

I am just curious if you buy it through the online store are you going to get shafted into a 350watt power supply and not the trupower you may have been expecting. Sneaky sneaky..

Mod's I couldn't find a more appripriate place to put this if you can find one it would be much apprecaited. And up mya$$ doesn't count!

Well, i'm getting mine from CompUSA tomorrow because I don't feel like waiting (even though I can't stand CompUSA) and I need a new power supply anyway.

CompUSA lists it as a 380W TruePower supply so if it isn't i'll just take it back.

I was reading a thing about this case where some of the PS in this case have the molex connector on back and some don't, wonder if this corresponds to the wattage?

I ordered from the egg and I got a 380 TruePower.

The power supply is inserted into the case at the factory and boxed, so the only way it's not a typo is if they open the box, remove the case, and replace the power supply, in which case they technically wouldn't be able to call it an Antec Sonata.

Swee. I'm loving mine especially after I disconnected those front blue led connectors. YEESH those bad boys are BRIGHT!

you link doesn't include that Antec Sonata, it's a case very similiar to the Antec Sonata.

yeah that's a SLK3700BQE, not a Sonata

It's funny, I searched ebay yesterday and there are people buying the cases for $50-100 w/out the 380w truepower supply. Incredible =/

Originally posted by Grimlakin
Swee. I'm loving mine especially after I disconnected those front blue led connectors. YEESH those bad boys are BRIGHT!

lol yeah...the novelty wore off after a while

for laffs connect them to the fan controlled molex

Just curious but why would I want to do that? Does it dim them down when the system is running cool and brighten when the system is running hot?

Probably just the opposite since the fans would be using more current with a hotter system.

Don't want to try it myself though.

Originally posted by Grimlakin
Just curious but why would I want to do that? Does it dim them down when the system is running cool and brighten when the system is running hot?

actually it would be brighter at higher temps and dimmer at cooler temps if they plugged into the 12v rail, but they dont!

I have a sonata, and the fan only connectors include only the 12v rail, and the blue led's connect to the 5V rail.

Back