Antec SmartPower PSU's thoughts.

daphatgrant

Fi-yah!
Joined
Jun 15, 2003
Messages
18,564
Hello I am in the market for a new case and to make things easier I have been looking to buy one bundled with a PSU (second system, very basic, KD7-E, XP3000+, 1gb pc2700, 6800GT, 1 HDD). I am looking at Antec brand cases with the same brand PSU.

I was wondering what the [H]’s thoughts were on Antec’s SmartPower PSU’s like the one bundled here.

Thanks for any input it is much appreciated. :D

I was looking at the CoolerMaster bundles but their PSU's are actually Hipro's. :(
 
I say go for it. My wife inherited my old XP2600-M/ Abit NF7-S system in an Antec SLK1650B case that has a SmartPower 350watt PSU. Runs rock solid @2.6G with 1 CD/DVD drive, 2 HDD, 1 Gig Crucial PC3200 and a FX5700 (not to mention several case fans). Very nice build quality, slick case. Antec makes good stuff.
:D
 
The KD7 regulates the CPU from the +12V rail, so go for it. Its a very good PSU for the money.
 
Mwave has the Sonata II, w/ 450w version of that PSU for the same price ($99), also has a $20 MIR (eff $79+ship/tax), valid thru 12/31 (2 more days). Not that you need the extra juice, but it would allow a bit more of a buffer for future expansion - and of course a bit different chassis style too.
 
Back
Top