• Great friend of mine with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    https://athleteoftheyear.org/2026/keenan-a856

Antec Smart Power

Secthdamon

n00b
Joined
Aug 25, 2005
Messages
27
So, I bought an Antec Sonata II with the 450w sp 2. I was told the PSU it would work marginally with my new rig, and for the price I couldn't argue. After reading a few posts, perhaps I should buy a better PSU. When I first bought it, I was just going single core AMD64 3500+, but here are my current specs:

AMD64 X2 3800+
eVGA 7800gt
EPOX EP-9NPA+ULTRA
2x1GB Patriot Performance
NEC dvd burner
Seagate 250GB 7200.7

No overclocking or SLI, so should I be okay?

I think this is right:
32A@+3.3V
30A@+5V
15A@+12V1
17A@+12V2

I've waited for years to finally build my own and I'm already making mistakes! :D I appreciate any feedback.
 
Yeah that's plenty. If you decide later on you want silence, more wattage, etc then you can drop a new one in there. The SP 450 fetches a decent price on eBay considering it came with the case.
 
Back
Top