Antec P190...holy jeebus!

Can someone tell me if the new P190 is as quiet as the P180??
With the extra fans I suppose its noiser correct??

Also, which do you think is quieter.....the lian-li v1100 or the p180/190?? :confused:

StalkerZER0 said:

Also, which do you think is quieter.....the lian-li v1100 or the p180/190?? :confused:
it all depends on which fans you use

meh... I already have 2 PSUs in my case. One primarily for my pelts and WC loop but hey, I could use em to power a beefy graphics card or two as well.

StalkerZER0 said:

it will not be quieter than a p180 given that you use the same low speed fans. reason being that as you said, there are more fans and more area for sound to escape. this case doesnt have a well planned out airflow design rather it uses brute force, as in more fans and bigger fans. if you are looking for silence, stick with the p180 and plan ur airflow out accordingly.

sn_85 said:
it will not be quieter than a p180 given that you use the same low speed fans. reason being that as you said, there are more fans and more area for sound to escape. this case doesnt have a well planned out airflow design rather it uses brute force, as in more fans and bigger fans. if you are looking for silence, stick with the p180 and plan ur airflow out accordingly.

Ok, well do you think the p180 is quieter than the lian-li v1100??
Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread but I need the question answered. :(

StalkerZER0 said:
Ok, well do you think the p180 is quieter than the lian-li v1100??
Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread but I need the question answered. :(

p180. steel and it has sound dampening materials all around the case.

Psssh, 200mm? Nothing, my Aerocool has a 250mm in it! Though I really like the styling of this Antec case and I might just pick one up. I have a thing for huge fans.

I don't want to wait until December for this to come out. It needs to be released now!

Holy smokes. I like that thing. Hella room inside.Tri-SLi 8800GTX? No Problem for power or room.

sn_85 said:
p180. steel and it has sound dampening materials all around the case.
the v1100 has sound dampening on the side panels too, and is made of aluminum with less fans and has the fan covers :confused:

~GoaT~ said:
the v1100 has sound dampening on the side panels too, and is made of aluminum with less fans and has the fan covers :confused:

Argh! :(
I was bout to order the p180 then I see this. So is the v1100 quieter than the p180 or what? :confused:

StalkerZER0 said:
Argh! :(
I was bout to order the p180 then I see this. So is the v1100 quieter than the p180 or what? :confused:

keep in mind that the v1100 was not Lian Li's serious attempt at a silent computer. its just a v1000 with a door and padded side panels. the p180 was designed from the ground up as a quiet case with the cooperation of Mike Chin from www.silentpcreview.com. these guys take a silent pc seriously. if your aim is real silence then these guys are the experts. don't listen to average users if you want to know what a real silent computer is. you can learn a lot from that website. if you want a quiet lian li take a look at the pc101, that has a lot of features in the way of a quiet case. its not as good as the p180 but if you are not real anal or want the sexy aluminum look (i think the p180 is ugly) then you can get the best of worlds with the pc101.

Borgschulze said:
I like the Dual Top Blowholes, and that's it.

I'd rather have my P180B.

Antec didn't fix the problem with the rear fan... it has clearance issues with the Karajan Audio Module on the DFI LanParty boards.

Why should that be antec's problem that DFI doesn't conform 100% to the standards? :rolleyes:

No other board has a problem, so why should case makers cater to one board maker who likes to go outside of the bounds?

sn_85 said:

I don't agree. Antec said that they replaced the panels with a better sound dampening material and these fans are larger and spin slower.

Ockie said:
I don't agree. Antec said that they replaced the panels with a better sound dampening material and these fans are larger and spin slower.

Perhaps he has a point you all think? But more holes equals more places for sound to escape correct regardless of slower larger fans?

Ockie said:

whats the point in dampened side panels if you are going to put a fan hole in it? i mean isnt the whole point in sound dampening material to absorb sound waves and prevent them from leaking outside the case? instead you put a fan right in the middle of it. i dont care how big of fans or how slow they spin, when you have holes, sound waves will leak through it. How about this, what happens if i just cut out a 120mm hole on the top of the case and a 200mm hole in the side panel either have the fan turned off or not even put a fan there, will the computer be louder? more holes = more ways for sound waves to escape.

StalkerZER0 said:
Perhaps he has a point you all think? But more holes equals more places for sound to escape correct regardless of slower larger fans?

Yes, but if the fans are producing the noise then this would be a non issue now wouldn't it?

Many people run incredibly quite heatsinks and fanless video cards, for them the only noise would be the hard drive activity.

sn_85 said:
whats the point in dampened side panels if you are going to put a fan hole in it? i mean isnt the whole point in sound dampening material to absorb sound waves and prevent them from leaking outside the case? instead you put a fan right in the middle of it. i dont care how big of fans or how slow they spin, when you have holes, sound waves will leak through it. How about this, what happens if i just cut out a 120mm hole on the top of the case and a 200mm hole in the side panel either have the fan turned off or not even put a fan there, will the computer be louder? more holes = more ways for sound waves to escape.

At some point you need a balance in ventallation and sound... sure sound will escape, if you have loud internal components... for those who are already silent, this will just add to the pleassure of more quiteness but adds the convenience of air flow.

How do you consider this "the middle", have you acoustically researched the case and detirmined that it's the maximuim point of escape? I'm going to trust Antecs findings and research over a couple forum comments about better handling of sound. Perhaps it doesn't do better, but damn well I'm going to believe them over a forum poster anyday, especially with the good job that they have been doing in regards to handling sound isolation and acoustics.

Better airflow = better cooling = better chance of running fanless or low fan speed cooling = overall less noise.

I don't know where you guys come from, but try to run say quad sli in your P180, tell me how loud it is after all the fans are on high speed to try to cool that furnace down... thats basically the logic.

Ockie said:
At some point you need a balance in ventallation and sound... sure sound will escape, if you have loud internal components... for those who are already silent, this will just add to the pleassure of more quiteness but adds the convenience of air flow.

How do you consider this "the middle", have you acoustically researched the case and detirmined that it's the maximuim point of escape? I'm going to trust Antecs findings and research over a couple forum comments about better handling of sound. Perhaps it doesn't do better, but damn well I'm going to believe them over a forum poster anyday, especially with the good job that they have been doing in regards to handling sound isolation and acoustics.

Better airflow = better cooling = better chance of running fanless or low fan speed cooling = overall less noise.

I don't know where you guys come from, but try to run say quad sli in your P180, tell me how loud it is after all the fans are on high speed to try to cool that furnace down... thats basically the logic.

the only problem is that now i think you are getting off base and bringing in a whole new variable to the equation, which is the internal components. im not sure what StalkerZERO has in mind for his computer whether it be totally silent or a smokin gaming rig. what he asked was
StalkerZER0 said:

I answered that question and that question alone. you're right he does need to consider his components when choosing a case but thats what he asked. im not asking you to trust me over antec because clearly i do not have the same capacity in research. all i did was give you my opinion and whether or not you believe that is up to you. if thats the case then neither I nor any other forum member should have an opinion on a product because we dont have research teams nor do we have the labs and testing equipment. i mean just trust the manufacturer, they know whats good for you. im sure they're not trying to make money or anything.

Well, here are my specs that I have planned:

a8n-sli deluxe mobo
amd 4000+ with a thermalright xp90 (and soon to be delivered nexus 92mm silent fan)
3 gigs of ram
8800gtx from evga ACS version
2 optical drives
4 hard drives (2 SATA, 2 IDE) (plan to put them all in bottom of case to isolate noise?)
PC power n cooling silencer 750 psu.

I only want enough cooling to keep the components in check. Nothing for overclocking and no SLI.
The aim is for the system to be as quiet as possible without going fanless.

I just placed the order for the P180 and the silencer 750 and the nexus 92mm case fan.

Now I have to figure how I'm going to make this work.......with help from you guys? :confused:

it will all fit. Just remove the upper chamber hard drive rack, use the front upper fan, and remove the lower chamber fan.

The p180 is the silent case to have.

StalkerZER0 said:
Well, here are my specs that I have planned:

a8n-sli deluxe mobo
amd 4000+ with a thermalright xp90 (and soon to be delivered nexus 92mm silent fan)
3 gigs of ram
8800gtx from evga ACS version
2 optical drives
4 hard drives (2 SATA, 2 IDE) (plan to put them all in bottom of case to isolate noise?)
PC power n cooling silencer 750 psu.

I only want enough cooling to keep the components in check. Nothing for overclocking and no SLI.
The aim is for the system to be as quiet as possible without going fanless.

I just placed the order for the P180 and the silencer 750 and the nexus 92mm case fan.

Now I have to figure how I'm going to make this work.......with help from you guys? :confused:

how are u going to use 3gb of ram? might want to use 1gb sticks in dual channel.

sn_85 said:
how are u going to use 3gb of ram? might want to use 1gb sticks in dual channel.

Easy. Two 512mb sticks and two other 1 gig sticks.

In any case, Bbq are you telling me that I should still install the hard drives in the bottom rack but remove the bottom tricool fan?
Ok fine.
But your also saying to remove the upper hd rack and install a fan in the front section there?

What good would that do? :confused:

StalkerZER0 said:
Easy. Two 512mb sticks and two other 1 gig sticks.

In any case, Bbq are you telling me that I should still install the hard drives in the bottom rack but remove the bottom tricool fan?
Ok fine.
But your also saying to remove the upper hd rack and install a fan in the front section there?

What good would that do? :confused:

That's so there's more air entering the upper part of the case. It's not by all means needed, but it does help a bit.

Ockie said:
Why should that be antec's problem that DFI doesn't conform 100% to the standards? :rolleyes:

No other board has a problem, so why should case makers cater to one board maker who likes to go outside of the bounds?
Well if they used the 1cm they have, I wouldn't have that problem.

I don't even use the rear fan, my radiator is there pushing air into the case.

It's the fact it doesn't fit. No need to seem rude about it, don't hate DFI so harshly, clearly you like Asus.

Borgschulze said:
Well if they used the 1cm they have, I wouldn't have that problem.

I don't even use the rear fan, my radiator is there pushing air into the case.

It's the fact it doesn't fit. No need to seem rude about it, don't hate DFI so harshly, clearly you like Asus.

haha, on one thread I'm accused of being a DFI lover and on the other one I'm being accused as being in favor of ASUS. My question still stands, why should a case maker favor one vendor just becuase they conform outside of the ATX standard?

Anywyas, anyone have the ETA on this case?

Back