• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Antec P182SE internal gooseneck light setup?

MinPins

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
368
I am building my new system using an Antec P182SE case. It has the internal flexible gooseneck light which is not mentioned anywhere in the manual. I emailed Antec (twice) a number of days ago but got no response.

The light has no power switch and the electrical lead coming off of is a "Y" with a molex connector and an internal USB connector. Huh?

I know what the molex is for but why the USB connector? Do I turn the light on/off using an onscreen button or USB control? Is the USB connector optional?

If anyone has messed with this let me know. I just assumed it would have a power connector and a switch. Go figure.

I'm thinking I might modify it with just a switch but don't have any idea if it gets it's power from USB or the molex. If it is the molex it should be 12V, correct?
 
Yeah i don't get the concept of the light they put in those. Sure you could really use it when working in your case...but the pc has to be on for it to work? :confused: Since when do people work on a pc while its on? Good idea, bad implementation.
 
I finally got a response from Antec today, "There is no way to control the light from off/on but ONLY hook it to 1 power source the USB or the molex but not both."

Great, an internal LED light that cannot be controlled and can only be used when the PC is powered up. Great feature!

I think I will add a switch to it and cut off the USB plug since I would never waste a USB port to power an internal light. Stupid!
 
Back
Top