Antec P180b Cable Management

200mg

Limp Gawd
I did a horrible job when i put this pc together, so i redid the cable job, here's a couple of pics, the ip35-pro has a 4 pin molex directly under the 1st pci slot which makes it kinda hard to reach without showing some cable, but overall it looks way better. The lower HDD cage is way crowded with 3 HDD's in it.

Antec P180b / Abit IP-35 pro / Freezer7 Pro / 8800gtx

http://www.nixlab.net/blog

looks great, one of these days im gonna post my p182 in the main thread

btw ive got the lower end ip35-e and ive never used the auxiliary 4 pin molex on mine (its located further up, right above the first pci-e 1x port) not sure if you have tried running without it. wonder how many people use it.

Why did you not run the cables up the back behind the motherboard? It's okay considering you ran up the middle like that but it's still far from optimal.

im not sure running it from the back would be better since the connector is located closer to the bottom but it might be worth a try if your cable can reach

P180, not P182.

its the updated p180 so they are pretty much identical cept for the outside color

Why did you not run the cables up the back behind the motherboard? It's okay considering you ran up the middle like that but it's still far from optimal.

The CPU, Mobo, both PCIE, 3 molex for Fans, One sata power and one regular sata are ran out the back. The P180b has cutouts for cable management in the back. The only cords I ran up the middle were the 4pin Molex to the power connector under the first pci slot which you cannot get to from behind the board, then there is the Tt DuoOrb cable that runs from my gfx cooler down the same line. The other sata's run straight from the board into the lower chamber. What do you mean I ran up the middle? If you have a better way of hitting that oddly place molex connector I would love to see it. I wonder why abit chose to put it there instead of on the periphery of the board somewhere.

The CPU, Mobo, both PCIE, 3 molex for Fans, One sata power and one regular sata are ran out the back. The P180b has cutouts for cable management in the back. The only cords I ran up the middle were the 4pin Molex to the power connector under the first pci slot which you cannot get to from behind the board, then there is the Tt DuoOrb cable that runs from my gfx cooler down the same line. The other sata's run straight from the board into the lower chamber. What do you mean I ran up the middle? If you have a better way of hitting that oddly place molex connector I would love to see it. I wonder why abit chose to put it there instead of on the periphery of the board somewhere.

I have a P180B...

By middle going directly from the lower to upper chamber without going through the back. Your SATA cables for instance are up the middle, you could have pulled those to the side and down the back. You should also pull the cable to the optical drive tighter as well as the 24 pin cable. Yes, you have some weird problems considering the rather problematic layout of that motherboard and with the aftermarket heatsink I guess.

I have a P180B...

By middle going directly from the lower to upper chamber without going through the back. Your SATA cables for instance are up the middle, you could have pulled those to the side and down the back. You should also pull the cable to the optical drive tighter as well as the 24 pin cable. Yes, you have some weird problems considering the rather problematic layout of that motherboard and with the aftermarket heatsink I guess.

You're right about the opti drive, i'll do that tonight. How did you get your Fat mobo cable to squish in the back? My back door is kinda bulging out. I used those ties back there and pulled them hella tight but it still bulges a little because theirs an intersection of the fat mobo cable(20+4) and 2 other lines for the sata and molex connectors, is your back door flush?

You're right about the opti drive, i'll do that tonight. How did you get your Fat mobo cable to squish in the back? My back door is kinda bulging out. I used those ties back there and pulled them hella tight but it still bulges a little because theirs an intersection of the fat mobo cable(20+4) and 2 other lines for the sata and molex connectors, is your back door flush?

Depending on the location of the cables I can see that being an issue. My back door has a slight bulge that would be worse if the cables crossed but I used tape instead of the ties on the 24 pin cable to help with that. I really wouldn't worry about the bulge unless the back panel is showing, mine is facing a wall.

Sorry for coming across as an ass, your cables are really not that bad at all. I guess looking over the P180/B/182 thread has made me shed to many tears because people just can't seem how to figure out how they should wire these cases.

Got a freind that has a Galaxy 9800GTX and he had to remove the upper hd carrier so it would fit, is there any other method of madness he could use besides that? Could go to a 4870 instead, but he just bought the card and he is just a little P*ssed about the cost, heh heh. Anyways thanks.

Got a freind that has a Galaxy 9800GTX and he had to remove the upper hd carrier so it would fit, is there any other method of madness he could use besides that? Could go to a 4870 instead, but he just bought the card and he is just a little P*ssed about the cost, heh heh. Anyways thanks.

pretty sure thats why the top cage is removable, so you can stick a longer vid card in there (same with the mini)

with some modding you could probably shift the cage orientation similar to what was done to the mini p180 in this thread

tndsc00304fb6.jpg

which could help with the length problem

ive been thinking about doing that to mine but havent had time

That's why Antec recommends you don't use the top cage. It should be removed while not in use anyway in order to allow the most airflow.

Thanks for the info, will pass on. I have an old velocity micro(lian li) and it fits fine.

Sorry 200mg, been looking for a thread about the P180/2, hope I didnt interfere with your ?

im not sure running it from the back would be better since the connector is located closer to the bottom but it might be worth a try if your cable can reach

its the updated p180 so they are pretty much identical cept for the outside color

My mistake. Should've noticed the holes the board tray in the picture.

Back