Antec p180 with thermaltake purepower 680

alekstasy

Weaksauce
I'll be upgrading my system soon and was thinking of getting a new case(antec p180) and a new PSU(Thermaltake purepower 680) I've heard that this PSU is massive and its a very tight fit in some cases...so could any1 out there with a p180 and a thermaltake purepower 680 tell me whether it fits at all lol...Thanks for the help

There are better choices for PSU's
If you need that much power let me suggest a Enermax Liberty 630 or Silverstone Zeus 620

I agree, stay away from thermaltake 680 power supply

go with the enermax or pcpower & cooling :)

_Korruption_ said:
Has issues fitting into the P180.
I also had issues fitting the 520W SLI model into my ThermalTake Armor case which I never expected from a massive full tower. However, i did get it in and secure. The OCZ PowerStream doesn't at all fit into the P180 :confused: ?
Also, it has long power cables..so that is a good thing right in a P180 where the PSU is on the buttom ..right?

It does, but the extended length means you have less room to hide wiring, which also means you might not be able to run the bottom 120mm fan, if you were planning on running that. It is longer than your average PSU in order to accomodate the 80mm intake.

so which power supply would you guys reccomend for an antec p180 that will definitely fit and is suitable for a sli rig...i was thinking an antec? what r ur thoughts

my specs r athlon 64 4000+, 6600gt(will be upgrading to 7800gt/gtx and adding 1 later this year) 1 sata hdd(adding another soon) 1gb generic ram :( , a8n sli deluxe mobo...

alekstasy said:
so which power supply would you guys reccomend for an antec p180 that will definitely fit and is suitable for a sli rig...i was thinking an antec? what r ur thoughts
Either Enermax LIberty or Antec TPII 550
The Enermax is plenty compact enough to fit perfect.
I've had my Enermax in my P-180 and it was fine.
Though now I have a Antec TP-II 430 in my P-180 since the P-180 isn't my gaming case anymore.

Because i'm in Australia all i've been able to find is the Enermax Liberty 620 Watt ATX ELT620AWT PSU will this fit in an antec p180 and do u guys think the cables are long enough etc? also i was thinking about not buying the p180 and sticking to my thermaltake soprano, would this psu fit in it without any problems??

alekstasy said:
Because i'm in Australia all i've been able to find is the Enermax Liberty 620 Watt ATX ELT620AWT PSU will this fit in an antec p180 and do u guys think the cables are long enough etc? also i was thinking about not buying the p180 and sticking to my thermaltake soprano, would this psu fit in it without any problems??
Yes it's fine.
I own that PSU.
and I own a P180 it'll definetly fit.
Currently it's in my NZXT Lexa but I've had it in th P-180 and it was perfect.
It's a really nice PSU.

reviving the dead.

In the monarch custom rigs the 680w thermaltake is $105, so is the ocz 520 powerstream. Which one should I go with? How much power will i need?

opty 165 overclock
7900gt in sli overclocked
dfi ultra d
2x 74 gig raptor
bunch o fans + leds

also, i dont want to have to change my psu when i upgrade to quad core (who knows what kind of power thatll be and when)

Back