Antec P180 Cooling

berndawg3

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, I just built the rig in my sig and I have a few questions about cooling. I'm using a P180 with 4 800RPM scythe s-flex fans, 1 as a front intake in the upper HDD cage, 2 together in push pull out the rear exhaust, and one more in the Tuniq Tower pushing towards the rear exhaust. It seems that everything is running really hot, and it doesn't help that my room is on the second floor the computer goes in a desk. My room is noticeably warmer than the rest of the house and I'm even getting condensation on my window. Luckily, I can at least open my window today. But I'm worried about cooling my components. My processor at stock with the Tuniq is idling at the low 40s. I'm wondering if I put the normal Tuniq cooler in for the processor or any of the Antec Tri-cools for some of the S-flexes, would it improve my processor or NB temps? Is it worth the change, because I do enjoy the quiet computing. Any other ideas to help keep my parts and room cool?

Thanks guys.

Whats you ambient mine is 20.5 c and the case interior is 20.5c mobo is 32c and the cpu with a 9500 zalman is at idle 28c with PC Probe2 I have 3 1200 rpm Scythe fans lower chamber and the push pull middle plus the top and rear tri-cool on low. i took the lower two optical bay cover and drilled a bunch of nice holes in them and added some filter material on the back side of them for dust to add some more intake to the front. Ambient up to 21.8 still holds about 32 mobo temp and the same 28c for cpu full load cpu might go to 42c. I am adding a 1600 Scythe to the rear in the future and a 80mm tri-cool on low behind the two lower optical bay slots to act like a Kama-Bay just to see if it cools down the case in the hotter days of summer. Did you do the lover mod on the filter doors or cut the metal of the case behind the filters. Does opening the front door lower your temps lot of different thing people have done to lower temps.

from what I understand scythe Tunic tower is dense fin configuration? and you'll need more static pressure fan. s-flex do not provide enough static pressure i believe. could be wrong.

try putting on medium speed yateloon on just the CPU cooler,. which has more static pressure. and you won't see increase in audible noise either at $5 each you can't go wrong

P180 is not really designed for cooling, but rather silence. You have some pretty high end (read HOT running) components in that case, and along with the low CFM fans, shouldn't really be a surprise that your temps are on the high side. Also, the regular P180 is terrible for cable management, which further hampers cooling.

So, don't expect great temps compared to other high end cases. At very least though, swap out for some higher cfm fans. Also, for specific components, the Antec Spot Cooler is terrific at the job (especially with the NB). Only problem is if you have room in your case for it.

if it were me, I would not do the push-pull - I would turn the pull around so that they both push air out the back of the case - any spaces around the front, bottom and sides of the case will let in new air, so I would prefer to have twice the amount of heated air going out the back through those 2 fans ... jmho

My set up in my signature and no intake fans and 2 undervolted Yate Loons for exhaust, I get around 40c idle and 60c-62c load. Cooling is not bad for P182.

Thanks for the replies. Here's what I did today. I put 2 800RPM scythe's together still out the rear exhaust, 1 scythe on the top exhaust, the tuniq stock fan in the tuniq tower, a scythe in the power supply area, and an antec tri-cool on medium in the upper hd cage area. The tuniq fan is too loud for my tastes, and I haven't found a way to turn out down yet with my DFI mobo. But it is making a big difference. Thanks for the help!

Back