Antec p180 and PC Power N Coolin s750....PICS!! 56k BEWARE!!

Idea: Fill case with Yate Loon 120MM fans @ 7v = quiet with ample airflow.

Also, Thermaltake sells a low profile 120mm fan (15Mm?) that may fit by ur PSU.

Hmm.. oh yeah, and for a CPU fan? Don't spend money; just 5v yours.

hmmmm lemme think......

Well I could try again with the nexus and disable the warning in bios and then closely monitor the temps. Ya.
Ya I think I will do that tommorow afternoon then I'll post the results.

Ah, phase two of my masterplan on my pc upgrade will begin soon. Gonna order another 1 or 2 gigs of ram from newegg monday. :D

_Durandal_ said:
Sorry to hear about your breaking the SATA portion of your HDD. After reading through your thread I thought I'd offer a picture of a recently completed build. This was for a friend of mine. At the time of the picture, I had ordered two PSU extensions from Performance PCs to re-route the EPS12V and the 24-pin ATX connector.

As you'll note though, it IS possible to get a fan in the lower chamber. The original 38mm fan will not fit, but the 25mm thick fan will work just fine. It will be a bit of a tight squeeze, especially because of the PSU wires, and the depth of the PSU itself, but go slow and flex everything a little at a time.

Post back with questions.

Picture021.jpg

Hey guys.
I ordered the eVGA 8800gtx and its coming soon. But until then do you think I will be ending up needing those extender cables? I just talked to the guy at PC power and they said they would have to special make them. In other words I wouldn't get them in time for Christmas.
If I do need them do you think I can get them any where else? Radioshack?.......Compusa maybe? :confused:

StalkerZER0 said:
Hold on thrawn86 I have a question for you but first here is an update to all that are interested:

But in any case can you please walk me through exactly how to remove the front panel in case I want to drill out that bracket?? :confused:

Thanks.

sorry, I missed your question in the update there. The front panel is held in by 6 clamshell type pins. Squeeze them together (sometimes may require a screw driver) and push. hard. It will pop right off.

thrawn86 said:
sorry, I missed your question in the update there. The front panel is held in by 6 clamshell type pins. Squeeze them together (sometimes may require a screw driver) and push. hard. It will pop right off.

Its cool. I may end up doing just that. But in the meantime I'm gonna need to know if I need cable extenders for the 24pin and 4 pin power connectors. In that picture above is he using cable extenders?

StalkerZER0 said:
Hey guys.
I ordered the eVGA 8800gtx and its coming soon. But until then do you think I will be ending up needing those extender cables? I just talked to the guy at PC power and they said they would have to special make them. In other words I wouldn't get them in time for Christmas.
If I do need them do you think I can get them any where else? Radioshack?.......Compusa maybe? :confused:
No, the cables in my posted picture are stock cables (i.e. before I even attached any extensions). So, your 750W PSU will be just fine without buying anything extra. Just make sure you watch which way you mount the PSU. I had to mount mine upside down in order for them to reach.

If that's not what you're asking post back, otherwise, enjoy your system!!

_Durandal_ said:
No, the cables in my posted picture are stock cables (i.e. before I even attached any extensions). So, your 750W PSU will be just fine without buying anything extra. Just make sure you watch which way you mount the PSU. I had to mount mine upside down in order for them to reach.

If that's not what you're asking post back, otherwise, enjoy your system!!

Gotcha thanks man! :D

thrawn86 said:
its not covered, its just a duct. I think its kinda pointless, but it looks cool.

Oh, one final pic. The top of the case I put a piece of a postcard to cover the hole. The spoiler is just there for looks.

he said he covered it.

Back