Antec P160 + Water = Fun

patriot71

Gawd
I havn't seen too many water cooled P160's around so I figured I would give it a try. I figure this is a good time to go with water with the dawn of the Venice core.

My main hurdle will be figuring out where to mount the '77 Bonneville HC. I am considering the top of the case, but then I will most likely have the fans on the HC sticking out the top. I would really like to see the water cooling system completely internal. However, I might opt to mount it in the front of the case but then the main issue will be getting the air out of the case as there is only one exhaust area in the front of the case. One fan would be pulling air into a plastic wall. Also, I would have to relocate the hard drives into the cd rom bays. The hard drives are not so much of an issue.

I will not have most of my parts (mainly the heatercore) until this upcoming weekend and therefore I am very limited on what I can post now. Today I removed the fan grills to eliminate fan noise and improve air flow a tad. Pics are below.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

I started with this:
antec7of.jpg

Pic - No Front or Back Fan Grills
backfrontnogrill0mm.jpg

I will keep you guys posted!

Back