Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Cooler Master Centurion 5

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters

Scootel2

Weaksauce
Im sure this has been asked many times but I would like some input on which of these cases is the best. My hardware will consist of:

Power supply: Corsair 520HX (Ordered)
Motherboard: GA-965P-DS3 rev 3.3 (Ordered)
CPU: Core 2 Duo E4300 (Ordered)
Memory - Undecided (Still shopping around leaning toward Corsair XMS)
Video card - 8800GTS 640MB (Ordering next week once I get paid :D)
Hard drive - Western Digital 250GB WD2500KS (Ordering next week)

I intend to overclock so I am looking for maximum airflow/cooling. Feel free to share other recommendations on cases.

PC-A16 is my personal fav.

you can do better than either one you picked out for that price range though.

filthysanchez,

Thank you for pointing out the PC-A16. That case is very nice. I am highly considering purchasing it. Please keep the suggestions/comments coming everyone.

I'd go with the antec 900. It's an excellent case but sucks if you've got a lot of cables. I assume you won't have too much since you've got the corsair psu (same as mine :D).

antec 900, probably one of the best air cooling cases out there. the centurion 5 is also a great case especially if you are on a budget.

I can recommend the Nine Hundred, since that what I have. Very cool, good flow, lots of fans/fan-options, and not particular noisy regarding the rather "open" design. Not exactly a cavernous interior, but my system fits nicely in it. The design is offcourse a matter of personal taste. But there is a lot of very nice cases out there, and there are many cases, I would´nt mind owning. I choose the Nine Hundred on overall design, airflow, build-quality, availability at time of ordering and price. For the money, I could´nt find a better case for my needs.

I dont understand why people like the Centurion. It looks plain, and it has terrible cooling.

The 900 is better by all accounts.

But I still think you'd be better off getting something that starts with L ;)

people love the Centurion for a number of reasons:

-It looks (what you call plain) elegant in that it has no offensive lights or looks like a turbine.
-It is very cheap and for the money has great modding potential aswell as being a good standalone case
-As stated it has fantastic modding potential to upgrade it's cooling to your specifications (eg: some people don't NEED 2 X 120mm intakes anda 200mm exhaust)

That being said. I am biased as I love my Centurion and think it would easily top the 900 in terms of quietness and cooling but that's because I have customsied it to fit my specifications.

Just my 5 cents.

Mike

Both Companies have great products but for me spending an excessive amount of money on a box that hold the rest of the system is out of the question.

I have 2 Centurion 534s at my feet right now one with a window and one plain, I had a Cent 5 but gave it to a friend and I've used cent 5s in all my recent customer builds... They ARE quality cases, I would recommend them to anyone.

How is cooling bad on a Centurion?, the 5s have spots for 2 120m fans , the 534s I use came stock with 3 120m fans.

Centurion FTW!!!

Combine the price, lack of dust filters and the annoying blue light and the 900 is a poor choice. On the other hand, the Centurion is a bargain and with a little dremel work or a nibbler can have some impressive cable management.

Comparing a $50 case with a $140 case is just a bit lopsided. I've seen a Centurion 5 and wasn't that crazy about it (flimsy power button and front panel that you've got to pry off with a stinking crowbar), but I'd still choose it over the 900 for the price.

You can't really compare the two cases. The Centurion 5 is a budget case, whereas the 900 is designed for people who want something fancier and who need more cooling and space for a more powerful system. If you're on a low budget, then the Centurion is a great case. If you've got more to spend, I would suggest looking into one of the old Stackers instead of the 900, since they're designed better and IMO look much better as well.

Back